Priority for categories.

Want something added? Ask for it here.
ferno

Priority for categories.

Post by ferno »

Hi,

I hope this feature has not been requested before and therefore making it a duplicate post.
Anyway, I would like to see some kind op priority option for the categories, eg. TV series are for me more important then other stuff so I would like to have stuff added to this category to jump to the top of the download queue automatically.
With some sort of priority option that you can apply to categories this would be possible.

Anyway, hopefully the dev team thinks that such a feature improves sabnzbd+ and implements it.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Priority for categories.

Post by shypike »

Your only the 10th (or so).
It will be in 0.5.0 in a few months (or earlier in alpha and beta releases).
switch

Post by switch »

shypike wrote: Your only the 10th (or so).
It will be in 0.5.0 in a few months (or earlier in alpha and beta releases).
He means for the categories page add a priority dropdown for each cat, which hasn't been done yet in 0.5. Should it be? That category page is already pretty beefy so I'm hesitant to keep adding more options to it.

If there is enough demand I will look into adding it, just as long as it doesn't cause technical issues/confusion when also setting the priority from RSS feeds or manual adding.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

There are so many options, even I get confused...
ferno

Post by ferno »

Switch,

Indeed, the ability to add a priority to a category.
That way when you drop a nzb into a blackhole (or though RSS) dir for which a Category is defined it will jump to the top of the download queue if the category has an High enough value.
An example is series being added to the queue by RSS, if the ability is there to add a priority to the series category (which is defined in the RSS) these nzb's will  not only be added to the download queue but will jump to the top of it automaticly.

This obviously just and example>
switch

Post by switch »

Well for 0.5 we already have priorities in places. However they are tied only to RSS feed options and manual adding to the queue and not specifically to categories. I'm still considering whether it is needed to add them to categories too.
ferno

Post by ferno »

OK, I see.

But in my opinion it would be a greate place to centralize this feature.
MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by MageMinds »

That would be awesome to have this tied to categories, RSS always drop stuff into categories anyways, that solve all problems, manual entry would get prioritized according to the category selected when you add the job.

Great addition to the original idea of priorities...

I have to add my 2 cents though ... The new jobs should be added at the end of the other jobs of the same priority rank.

MageMinds
Last edited by MageMinds on December 10th, 2008, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferno

Post by ferno »

MageMinds wrote: That would be awesome to have this tied to categories, RSS always drop stuff into categories anyways, that solve all problems, manual entry would get prioritized according to the category selected when you add the job.

Great addition to the original idea of priorities...

I have to add my 2 cents though ... The new jobs should be added at the end of the other jobs of the same priority rank.

MageMinds
Exactly! ;)