Hi, I'm the port maintainer for SABnzbd+ on FreeBSD!

Support for the freeBSD package, created by dbrooks
xgalaxy

Re: Hi, I'm the port maintainer for SABnzbd+ on FreeBSD!

Post by xgalaxy »

dbrooks wrote:You may be right -- I'll do some research. I believe I had another report of a similar problem via email recently, so I'll see if I can replicate it on my end (should be easy), and if I can, I'll fix the script. I may not bother making a new port revision just for the init script, however, since it seems like 0.6.x releases have been coming out pretty steady from Shypike. It may make more sense for me to just roll the init script update into the next port revision containing the next version of SABnzbd+.

Thanks for the heads up
Hey dbrooks,
Have you managed to make any progress on this?

I have a newer issue on system reboots now.
I did an update recently to 0.6.15 and upon reboot of the system sabnzbd was failing in cherrypy this time with the error:
Can't assign requested address
This happens every reboot. Manually starting sabnzbd seems fine.
Viper780

Post by Viper780 »

Thx for your great work!

Is there also CouchPotato and Sick Beard for FreBSD/FreeNAS/NAS4Free?
Squale76

Post by Squale76 »

Hi, Is there a ports for the version 0.7.4 ? and if no, how can I upgrade my FreeBSD sabnzbd ?
I try to replace the folder /usr/local/etc/sabnzbd by the SABnzbd-0.7.4-src.tar.gz file after unzip untar but without success... ???

I find some scripts in usr/local/share/sabnzbdplus and in usr/local/etc/sabnzbd. So I'm very lost with the destination of files.
The new scheduler in the 0.7.4 is very interressant for me so I really want to upgrade the new version.

Sorry for my poor english. Thanks a lot for your response to help me.
QuinRiva

Post by QuinRiva »

I have discovered two problems with the current (0.7.16) release of sabnzbdplus for freebsd:
  • The folder /usr/local/sabnzbd is not created when the port is installed (i.e. make install clean). This fixes the problem:

Code: Select all

mkdir /usr/local/sabnzbd && chown _sabnzbd:_sabnzbd /usr/local/sabnzbd
    I believe that sabnzbd will not start without this folder being created or changing the rc.d startup script to reflect an appropriate directory. Note that the response from typing /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd start is simply Starting sabnzbd - there is no confirmation as to whether or not sabnzbd starts successfully.
  • Currently the webpage is not remotely accessible when host=0.0.0.0 - setting the value of host either to the ip address or server name seems to resolve the issue.
I hope this is helpful.
murdlih

Post by murdlih »

SABnzbd have worked perfect for me over long time, but some days ago when I updated all installed ports I got a problem with with the GUI...

I have tried to reinstall Sabnzdb port, but that dident help.. look like I have a mismatch? what else do I need to reinstall then the Sabnzdb port?

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 618, in respond
cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/local/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 299, in index
return template.respond()
File "cheetah__usr_local_share_sabnzbdplus_interfaces_Plush_templates_main_tmpl_1387347635_17_38198.py", line 189, in respond
NotFound: cannot find 'pp_pause_event'
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

From what i can tell this could be related to the python switch that happened in October maybe ?

If you want to re install a port and all his dependencies you can do

portmaster -r news/sabnzbdplus
to rebuild sabnzbd and all the required ports.

A quicker route will be rebuilding only the ports that only have changed since the last build but this could not work as well.

portmaster -fR news/sabnzbdplus
Personally i strongly suggest you upgrade to the new pkgng official repository for FreeBSD. http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/free ... 00107.html
This might save you in many situation just like this one. Read more info here https://wiki.freebsd.org/pkgng and here http://www5.us.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.IS ... intro.html

If you need more help, regarding pkgng just ask.
QuinRiva

Post by QuinRiva »

I've tried updating to the latest version using pkgng, and I now get a warning message when I try to start sabnzd:

root@Pride:/usr/local/sabnzbd # service sabnzbd start
Starting sabnzbd.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd: WARNING: failed to start sabnzbd
Any ideas? Where should I look to try and identify the issue?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Try the log file of SABnzbd, although I'm not sure where it's stored on FreeBSD.
Normally in ~/.sabnzbd/logs
BugBoy

Post by BugBoy »

Is the SABNZBDPLUS already available using the new binary packages? It seems to be the only port on my system that cannot be installed using 'pkg install sabnzbdplus'. Could it be added?
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

All the programs that are in the ports tree are rebuild once every two weeks, so sabnzbd is in prebuild packages.

You can convince yourself by browsing http://pkg.freebsd.org/. Just pick the version you are using. For instance the link for FreeBSD 9.x x64 systems is http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:9:x86:64 ... 7.16_1.txz

Make sure you do

pkg update
before you try to install/update packages.
BugBoy

Post by BugBoy »

Unfortunately, it is not available for FreeBSD 10. I don't know why, because it is possible to install the software from the ports collection.
andme

Post by andme »

For some reason the packages are gone.

http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:9:x86:64 ... 7.16_1.txz returns 404.

http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/All has no sabnzbdplus.
smokey7722

Post by smokey7722 »

I've got a similar issue as the poster a little while back where the service won't start. I just upgraded to 0.7.17 on FreeBSD 10 and now I get the following error on startup. I've tried recompiling sabnzbd and reinstalling as well as python27 but it seems like its something else...

Starting sabnzbd.
  File "/usr/local/bin/SABnzbd.py", line 53, in <module>
    from cherrypy import _cpwsgi_server
  File "/usr/local/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi_server.py", line 6, in <module>
    from cherrypy import wsgiserver
  File "/usr/local/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 105, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/rand.py", line 11, in <module>
    from OpenSSL._util import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 4, in <module>
    binding = Binding()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 83, in __init__
    self._ensure_ffi_initialized()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 99, in _ensure_ffi_initialized
    libraries)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/utils.py", line 72, in build_ffi
    ext_package="cryptography",
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/api.py", line 341, in verify
    lib = self.verifier.load_library()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/verifier.py", line 73, in load_library
    self._write_source()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/verifier.py", line 125, in _write_source
    file = open(self.sourcefilename, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/__pycache__/_cffi__x5eaa210axf0ae7e21.c'
smokey7722

Post by smokey7722 »

smokey7722 wrote:I've got a similar issue as the poster a little while back where the service won't start. I just upgraded to 0.7.17 on FreeBSD 10 and now I get the following error on startup. I've tried recompiling sabnzbd and reinstalling as well as python27 but it seems like its something else...

Starting sabnzbd.
  File "/usr/local/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi_server.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 105, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/rand.py", line 11, in <module>
    from OpenSSL._util import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 4, in <module>
    binding = Binding()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 83, in __init__
    self._ensure_ffi_initialized()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 99, in _ensure_ffi_initialized
    libraries)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/utils.py", line 72, in build_ffi
    ext_package="cryptography",
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/api.py", line 341, in verify
    lib = self.verifier.load_library()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/verifier.py", line 73, in load_library
    self._write_source()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/verifier.py", line 125, in _write_source
    file = open(self.sourcefilename, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/__pycache__/_cffi__x5eaa210axf0ae7e21.c'
Well I didn't do anything other than try to manually start it a few times and its now working. No idea wtf that was about.
m0rph0

Post by m0rph0 »

Starting sabnzbd.

I've ran into the same issue on FreeBSD 9.1. I have determined the issue to be due to an upgrade in the port security/py-openssl.
The only workable solution I have found is to install sysutils/portdowngrade and downgrade the latest py-openssl 0.14 port to the last revision of 0.13.
Here is the command:

portdowngrade security/py-openssl r342862
Do keep in mind that whenever you update all your installed ports py-openssl will be updated again to its latest version. I'm not knowledgeable enough to get into the cause of this error or how to fix it although I have spend some time searching the Internet for clues which didn't get me any further than this.