Cloud Storage and hosting

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
revdirty

Cloud Storage and hosting

Post by revdirty »

Ok so i have a 2 questions..

1) Is there a way to have sabnzbd save a file directly to a cloud storage.. (ie.. box.com, dropbox or mega.co.nz) im trying to avoid downloading to pc just to upload to cloud.. (trying to save time and bandwidth)

2) is there any free web hosting sites that i can run SABNZBD.. again to save bandwidth.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Cloud Storage and hosting

Post by sander »

1) Yes. But as your PC is running SABnzbd, and then saving it to cloud storage, you probably won't save time and certainly no bandwidth
2) No. You can't run SAB on a *web* hosting site. You can run run SAB on a VPS hosting site, but that isn't free.

HTH
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

I'd argue the first answer is a no as well, Sander. He's looking to save directly to cloud storage, which isn't how box, dropbox or mega work. Saving to an s3fuse mount would technically be what he's asking for, but it would be a terrible idea.

Instead, it sounds like what he wants is a VPS Seedbox, but downloading from Usenet instead of torrents. A less terrible idea, but you won't find it for free.
ctlaltdefeat

Post by ctlaltdefeat »

Apologize for the bump, but why would saving to an s3fuse mount be a terrible idea?
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Because saving to such a mount involves a lot of uploading. Which is never very smart, even more so when you're on some simple consumer cable connection (like the OP).
ctlaltdefeat

Post by ctlaltdefeat »

I thought the point of the fuse mount was that it downloads directly to the cloud, as opposed to the standard webdav client which goes through your home Internet. Is that not so?