Increase in "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair"

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
chianti

Increase in "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair"

Post by chianti »

I've seen a SIGNIFICANT increase in the above error the past week+. Is anyone else having the same problem? For instance, Sickbeard just picked up that there's this little something called forum rules.

Every single one of the nzb files failed with the error "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair". These NZB's are less than 6 hours old.

I haven't done any other triage yet, but given the frequency I'm going to dig in deeper tonight when I return from work. In the meantime, I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same exponential increase in these errors lately?

Prior to a week (or so) ago, I would get these errors MAYBE once every couple of months. SB and SAB are both running on my Synology, so they are up 24/7 and would snatch NZB's before any aging/corruption/DMCA errors could creep in. Quite frankly I'm stumped. Either ALL the release groups have gotten sloppy lately, or something else is wrong.

I'm running: SABnzbd Version: 0.7.20RC2
ALbino

Re: Increase in "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair

Post by ALbino »

There's one particular uploader who is uploading zeroed out par2 files which leads to "Invalid par2 files". See this thread:

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.ph ... 06&p=97734

If you're not missing a single block you will still be able to extract the rars by hand, but if even one is missing you cannot repair it and extract.