Any way to see which RSS feed matched a certain file?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
interfacelift

Any way to see which RSS feed matched a certain file?

Post by interfacelift »

I was away for a 3 day weekend, and I left SAB running as I normally do. Got home this morning, and found my media drive filled with ~45GB of TV shows that I don't watch at all. SAB was happily downloading a fairly large queue of random TV shows from Newzbin (I think, based on formatting, category matching, etc), and had already downloaded a bunch of other ones.

I don't believe the fault lies with SAB, I think something happened at Newzbin to one of my RSS feeds (I have about eight for TV shows), causing SAB to diligently download lots of stuff.

Does SAB keep any logs that show which RSS feed matched various files, so I can sort out which feed freaked out on me?
switch

Re: Any way to see which RSS feed matched a certain file?

Post by switch »

Currently, no.

However full logging of RSS feed data with times and what feed it came from should be in future versions.
interfacelift

Post by interfacelift »

Thanks for the fast response, switch. I'll just clean up my Newzbin feeds a bit tighter and see if it re-occurs.

Thankfully I had left for the weekend with SAB only running at 200KB/sec so my media drive didn't get totally filled.
dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury »

I've had this happen a few times now. I've set up very specific Newzbin searches:
^"[redacted]" 1x -1x09 -1x08 -1x07 -1x06 -1x05 -1x04 -1x03 -1x02 -1x01
I also have various format options set up in the search, e.g. x.264, 720p, etc. But just look at the results shown in my SABnzbd+ RSS feed preview for the RSS feed based on the above search:
Matched

Not matched

Downloaded
[list redacted, but it was a ton of stuff]
All of these shows got added to my queue, which I had to purge manually. These shows are not matched by the saved search on Newzbin.

I think this is a new issue introduced in 0.4.6. Any ideas how we can chase it down further?[/list]
Last edited by inpheaux on January 15th, 2009, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
switch

Post by switch »

If sabnzbd is set accepting everything in the saved search, then I think this may be a newzbin problem. Unless the item appears in the saved search newzbin shouldn't be able to those items.

Maybe try accessing the saved search at different times and seeing if it lists any items it shouldn't.
th3joker

RSS Feeds Corrupted on FreeNAS (FreeBSD)

Post by th3joker »

I have some RSS feeds setup to download TV episodes as they come on.

3 of them have become corrupted? and downloaded several hundred unrelated items.

I at first suspected one of the kids had pushed loads of buttons, but when I checked the RSS feed using preview it showed all the historical .nzb files downloaded.

I have the rss_data.sab file but done't really understand what or why it's going wrong.

It's happened 3 times in the last 5 days.

I'm running version 0.4.6 and it's been installed for several weeks now.

The host is running FreeNAS (FreeBSD).
switch

Post by switch »

Sounds like the same issue some other people are having. I would place the blame with newzbin RSS feeds showing more than they should.

Merged with the other topic.