2 ISP on dual wan router

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mac4685

2 ISP on dual wan router

Post by mac4685 »

Hi,

My condo HOA recently installed shared fiber optic internet to all units. The speed fluctuates up and down depending on the time of day, so I decided to keep my cable internet in conjunction with the new fiber internet. I have a Dual Wan Asus Router set up to Load Balance, which basically combines both ISPs into one gateway. As you may have guessed, when I try and download, I'm getting an error saying "probable account sharing". I've contacted Astraweb on what I could do, they suggested getting another account since I have 2 ISPs. I configured another server in Sabnzbd to utilize the second account and my speeds reflect both ISPs full speed, but I continue to get the same error until my speeds slowly crash. Anyone have any idea on how to get this to work? ??? It would be nice if the server setup had an option to specify an IP so I could point one server to the first ISP and the second to the other.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: 2 ISP on dual wan router

Post by sander »

Is it visible on your computer that there are two separate routes? If so: how? If not: How could SABnzbd possibly do separate routing ... ?

I can imagine that a router could do the routing (hence its name ;-) ) if the destinations (= newsservers) have different IP addresses. If there is just one IP address, even the router can't distuingish.

BTW: which Dual Wan Asus Router have you bought?
mac4685

Post by mac4685 »

The router I have is the Asus RT-N66U. I'm trying to configure my routing rules right now to have ssl-us.astraweb.com on one account go through the primary WAN and ssl-eu.astraweb.com on my second account go though the Secondary WAN. I'm kind of a networking noob though, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I'll see what I can do.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

Maybe just switch to a provider that allows IP sharing?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

ALbino wrote:Maybe just switch to a provider that allows IP sharing?
Clever!
mac4685

Post by mac4685 »

Anyone know of one?
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

This thread indicates there's a couple:

https://pay.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... ng/c7qtfhl

There's definitely a few that allow it with block accounts as well.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

mac4685 wrote:
Anyone know of one?
Eweka.nl, and then order the account that allows account sharing.
mac4685

Post by mac4685 »

Ok I think I may have solved the problem. I setup some routing rules on my router to tell which IP address can go to which WAN Unit (Primary or Secondary). I've been downloading with both ISPs without any issues so far. I'm getting 120 mbps + by the way :)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

mac4685 wrote:Ok I think I may have solved the problem. I setup some routing rules on my router to tell which IP address can go to which WAN Unit (Primary or Secondary). I've been downloading with both ISPs without any issues so far. I'm getting 120 mbps + by the way :)
Cool. Can you share the setting ... useful for others.
mac4685

Post by mac4685 »

I set a rule on my dual wan setting on my router. For the Source IP I put in "192.168.1.125" (the machine on my local network) and set the Destination IP to "ssl-us.astraweb.com IP address" then set it to use Primary WAN. I set another rule the same as the first but set it to the European Astraweb IP address and set it to use the Secondary WAN. The only problem is that Astraweb has multiple IPs, so I had to set a rule for every IP that Astraweb uses. But it seems to be working for now.