SABnzbd not playing nice!!! NZB360 or NZB unity

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
extremepunk

SABnzbd not playing nice!!! NZB360 or NZB unity

Post by extremepunk »

hi guys

I am new to usenet and have been slowly getting the hang of it.

At the moment I am very keen to control SABnzbd from NZB360 or NZB unity. I have gotten Couch potato and Sick beard working (finally got a hang of port forwarding) but SABnzbd is just not playing nice.

Any suggestions. I have tried port forwarding and am reasonably sure thats not the problem.

I think I may need to put something proper in the SABnzbd host tab? But not too sure (and if that is the case, how does this affect port forwarding????). Has anyone else stumbled onto just SAB causing problems with android integration being an issue?

Thanks a lot
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABnzbd not playing nice!!! NZB360 or NZB unity

Post by sander »

So your question is about getting NZB360 and/or NZB unity to work?
And if so, I think you mean from Internet?

If so: your port forwarding is correct. I can access SABnzbd on port 8080 on the IP address you're posting from. (Tip for later on: put a password on you SABnzbd interface)
You can test that your self via http://goo.gl/VgE24d ... go to that webpage with a PC connected to yourr LAN ... what is the result?

So ...
1) what isn't working?
2) how do you test? Remember to turn off wifi so that you really access your SABnzbd from Internet over 3G to test.
extremepunk

Post by extremepunk »

That blew my mind
Yes I am talking about getting NZB 360 and NZB unity to work specifically with SABnzbd. SInce they are working with couch potato and Sick beard, im just not able to get SABnzbd to connect to the android apps. Just wondering if there is something i need to change within SABNzbd on PC since the other settings are same for both cough potato and sick beard.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

extremepunk wrote:im just not able to get SABnzbd to connect to the android apps.
SABnzbd does not connect to android apps; it's the other way around.
extremepunk

Post by extremepunk »

OK, but eitherway, do i need to change something in SABnzbd to allow other apps to connect to it? Like the host name
Because all the other apps work with similar settings
extremepunk

Post by extremepunk »

OMG, i found where i screwed up. So silly. Wasted 2 days trying to work it out.

Thanks for your help Sander

Btw i was just wondering when you say android apps connect to SABnzbd, what i was really hoping to do was to allow apps running on my android mobile download nzbs and then from there i can allow them to switch my computer on and start downloading if i wish.

Cause otherwise my SABnzbd computer will just be running on for no reason. But from what your saying that apps connect to SABnzbd, i get the impression i cannot automatically use couchpotato and Sickbeard from my android and get them to wake my computer up to run SABnzbd via 4G if i so wish - the upside being that search functions can run on my android which is already always on vs my computer which i dont necessarily want to keep on all the time.

Is this a crazy idea?

Cheers
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

extremepunk wrote:OMG, i found where i screwed up. So silly. Wasted 2 days trying to work it out.

Thanks for your help Sander
With your SABnzbd computer turned on, can you now access SABnzbd from your phone over 3G/4G?
extremepunk

Post by extremepunk »

Yep - thanks Sander i was actually missing a digit from the API
In fact just bought a Rasberry pi to make an automated downloader - This thing is a bloody pandoras box, but my god so powerful and so much potential.
Only thing is sick beard isnt working too well with the default providers so trying to get access to the better known service providers like nzb.su and omfwtfnzbs dunno what the chances of that are happening to be honest. Have signed up with IFFFT to get notfications but its always a bit too late.