XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
ht2k051

Re: XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Post by ht2k051 »

got it to work in the settings.py i didnt put the username and password in the {'name':'Newzbin - Search', section but all other lines got the username and password and voila it works...

a bit slow in pulling down the feeds

i am also using version 1.5a

anyway to speed it up...really glad this is back up and running at least

thanks everyone:)

p.s. any way to pull down more than 50 results at a time?
ht2k051 wrote: i added my username and password in the format shown below to 1.5a and i can now get the program to launch but if i try and search newzbin it returns no results...any ideas??
NarcopolisRex wrote:
ht2k051 wrote: i tried the new version
doesnt work when i try to launch it it says error python script failed
special://home/plugins/video/SABnzbd/default.py

wont launch...ideas?
I'm having the exact same problem. Took the advice from another thread and modded the Newzbin links in the settings.py file to change "http://newzbin.com/..." to "http://NBINUSER:[email protected]/..." and it's working, though with a 3-second pause when I click on any Newzbin link.

EDIT: To clarify, I've done the above edit of the settings.py file with version 1.5 and abandoned trying 1.5.3 as it gave me the same error as ht2k051.
andre_pl
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by andre_pl »

I've fixed the issues with 1.5.3, just a couple of syntax errors,. here is my UNOFFICIAL 1.5.4 which switch can make official if he wants.

http://andre.liquidmm.com/assets/SABnzb ... -1.5.4.zip
switch

Post by switch »

Thanks andre, I have re-hosted it here:
SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.5.4.zip
Last edited by switch on August 4th, 2009, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andre_pl
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by andre_pl »

No problem, I'm not entirely sure that it works... with the changes I made i was able to get the plugin to launch without errors, and i can view my queue, but it still fails to download nzbs from binsearch. haven't really had the time to look into it yet.
Jesus
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Jesus »

This is a fantastic script!

I was wondering if there was some way we can view the NFO if it has one.  It seems like the newzbin API should be able to support a pull of the address of the txt or png file.

http://docs.newzbin.com/index.php/Newzbin_API:DirectNZB

I am also having problems deleting or moving things to the top in the queue list with 1.5.4.
Last edited by Jesus on August 21st, 2009, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

switch wrote: Thanks andre, I have re-hosted it here:
SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.5.4.zip
I've been using this script for couple of weeks with Plex and so far so good except it crashes Plex when i try to delete or move item in my queue. It doesnt crash right then , when i'm managing my queue but when i try to exit the plug-in , Plex crashes to desktop. If i dont touch my queue i can exit the plug-in just fine and continue using Plex but if i touch my queue Plex crashes. Oh and queue managment doesnt work in Plex.

sanzbd is running remotely on windows machine. xbmc plug-in can communicate with it no problem , adding nzb's , seeing queue , even downloading progress in % shows up just fine.
Last edited by wally007 on August 28th, 2009, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

Life just keeps getting better and better!!!!

I am ordering crap to make a new media center - I have been streaming crap to my PS3 as it is now.    I plan to use xbmc on this new box.  I am blown away that I will be able to pull down stuff from usenet with the touch of a remote. 

Anything that keeps my fat ass from getting off the couch to move to the PC, is great in my book!!!!
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

yea , script is great.... works fine with tvnzb and nzb.org. Unfortunatelly imdb and posters are limited to newzbin so i'm not getting those. But if you have newzbin , this will be like usenet app store :-)
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

I do have newzbin - I hate paying for stuff, but I find it worth it so far.  I hope something free comes out that is just as good.    Either way, newzbin is cheap.  It's the last bill I would bitch about having to pay.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

qrb123 wrote: I do have newzbin - I hate paying for stuff, but I find it worth it so far.  I hope something free comes out that is just as good.    Either way, newzbin is cheap.  It's the last bill I would bitch about having to pay.
well that would be all nice and cool if i could get in. Been trying for months with no progress. I tried matrix, and even use their paid premium site at times, but their rss sucks and integration with sabnzbd+ or XBMC is non-existant.
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

Finally got around to getting this setup on my HTPC. Love it so far - Thanks!!!

Walley007 - What do you mean you have been trying to get in? Need an invite? If so PM me your email addy and I will send one.
methanoid

Post by methanoid »

What progress? I've just installed XBMC Live on my Asrock 330 and want to have SAB running in background as its the lowest power PC I have!!
gonesuper
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by gonesuper »

I just got this going on a home built Atom 330 Ion HTPC and loving it so far. I was wondering if i compile the source for sabnzbd 0.5.0 would i get the nzbmatrix support thru this plugin. I'd love an newzbin account but can't get an invite and it seems a shame since nzbmatrix is much cheaper with support being meantioned in the 0.5.0 build
draken333

Post by draken333 »

Ive been using this plugin for my xbox for a few weeks now, and am very impressed. I would say this has become one of the biggest enhancements to  xbmc,. my whole household is in love with the ease of downloading any tv show / movie they want.

Right now, whenever I wanna download a new show I start up the sabnzb plugin, click on the tv nzb search rss feed, and type in the name of the show, find it, then download.

Im curious if there is another way to make  browsing specific tv shows easier.

Is there anyway I could just call the tv nzb search rss from within the tv library.

Example. I go to my library tv shows for the folder The Simpsons. It displays the beautiful graphics of all my episodes etc... I then click on a custom button called "Download Episodes" This button then starts sabnzb - starts the tv nzb search rss - inputs The Simpsons text. Then all simpsons nzbs are displayed and i just click on anyone I wanna download.

I know it seems like a lazy mans approach, because I am already capable of downloading what I need, but if it's possible and only takes a little modifying to some code I think it would be a great time saver.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

draken333 wrote: Example. I go to my library tv shows for the folder The Simpsons. It displays the beautiful graphics of all my episodes etc... I then click on a custom button called "Download Episodes" This button then starts sabnzb - starts the tv nzb search rss - inputs The Simpsons text. Then all simpsons nzbs are displayed and i just click on anyone I wanna download.

I know it seems like a lazy mans approach, because I am already capable of downloading what I need, but if it's possible and only takes a little modifying to some code I think it would be a great time saver.
I'm not an expert on scripts on XBMC but I've done some reading. I don't think that a script can add buttons into the library view. You would have to add something like this your self as it would be part of the skin. What you could do (I think) is form a list under the SABnzb script. Found like this: Scripts - > SABnzb -> My Tv Shows -> 'list of all your tv shows'. The list could be automatically made by pointing at the root of your tv shows and could use folder names to create that list. Or just be able to edit a file to make your list, which would be easier to code I assume. Not sure of the capabilities of a script in xbmc but if you wanted the graphics you could look in each tv folder and use the folder.jpg and you would get the same graphic as in library view.

Though if your using something like media rover you shouldn't have to manually download tv shows.