XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
draken333

Re: XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Post by draken333 »

I see what you are saying bnevets27. However I was pretty close to getting to what i wanted done by using the favorites option in xbmc. Im using the Skin Media Stream Redux on my XBOX system.

I can set my TV Show Search RSS feed in the sabnzbd plugin as a favorite and access it directly from the home of xbmc ...I might be able to access it anywhere where the favoirtes option is enabled, I just didnt test it out that much as I only had a little time to try it out. So it seems i can access the rss link from outside the plugin. Now if i could somehow have the rss search box input the text of the tv show im viewing from withing the library it would complete what i want done.

Now I was checking out media rover, and I like the idea...I even saw some other programs that do automatic tv show downloading, but they all seem to work only with newzbin and media rover was a little tricky for me...and i want a program that works with nzbs.org....so far that is my favorite nzb browser.

I just like idea of accessing any tv show instantly, like on demand. My internet is fast enough that it only takes about 3 mins to download a tv show. So for noobs using my xbox at home, friends or family i would like it made as user friendly as possible so they can just browse the library, or download additional episodes they want to view.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

I see your point draken333, I had never thought of that side of it. Now you have got me thinking, maybe a little too much. An "On Demand TV" plugin could be a good idea. I have some ideas on it but not sure how possible they all are.

Just started playing with this a few days ago and wondering if anyone else had issues with launching this from the favorites menu?

If I launch it from the favorites menu it will say Script Failed!

But if I launch it from the programs menu it will run fine.

A search done in this pattern never fails:
Programs -> SABnzb -> "search you want" -> Results

A search done in this pattern never fails:
Favorites -> SABnzb -> "search you want" -> Results

A search done in this pattern always fails:
Favorites -> Search results

Running XBMC Beta 2 and Confluence

Copied on XBMC. I assume its better to talk about this plugin here?

Oh BTW draken333, Not sure if you have seen Sick Beard yet but I HIGHLY suggest you take a look at it, it supports nzbs.org  ;)
joebrady

Post by joebrady »

Adding RSS search results to the Favorites menu seems to work fine here. 

I was trying to clean up the first page when loading the plugin.  Already remove most of the catagories I don't use.  What do I need to do to the settings.py to not see any of the Binsearch/Nzbindex/Tvnzb entries.  I've tried commenting out lines with "#" in different places, but each time I make an edit like that, then the plugin won't start.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

I just want to see my Newzbin feeds and the Sabnzbd queue (makin' it easy for the wifey)
switch

Post by switch »

There should be options in the plugin settings to hide the other feeds
joebrady

Post by joebrady »

Ah, I think you're right, I'll check when I get back home.  I was probably just over thinking it  :-\
Christolito

Post by Christolito »

Hi folks. Plex user, running 1.5.4, having issues with getting some of the IMDB-information. I do get genre, ratings, length and poster data, but no description. (I have checked both imdb-boxes in settings) The Nuka1195 imdb-scraper seems to be working, also, as im getting the cache-files with all information in my cache folder. I'm running Plex in Swedish, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it? Hilfe! :)
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
malaky

Post by malaky »

Nice to see that someone has done this, last time I looked it didn't exist :) got it installed and running quickly, and works really well, basic but that's all we need.

Are you going to have some way for us to view the summaries from the RSS feeds too?
Christolito

Post by Christolito »

Summaires; second that. I keep downloading german dubbings :) +the imdb-information, would be great.
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

evidenceunseen wrote: Is anyone else not getting the imdb information pulled, it just shows titles? It did work but now it doesn't
Is this working now? I don't get any imdb information. Unless there is a way to view it that I'm not aware of.
tjosborn

Post by tjosborn »

Hi

I'm having problems getting this to work. I've installed the plugin to my XBMC live install. Edited the file with my laptop's ip address, added username and password and changed the port to 9995 just in case. However, I can't connect from my web browser. I just get a time out - everything else seems to be working fine from the XBMC side. Are there any troubleshooting steps I can work through? I'm trying to ultimately get XBMC to automate my newzbin downloads..
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

What version of sabnzbd are you using? If 0.5+ then you need to put in your API key in also. You need to enter that in XBMC, right click on sabnzbd plugin and click settings and you'll see it. If your looking to automate downloading look into sick beard or media rover for TV, there is a script for movies also but I think its a bit difficult to setup.
tjosborn

Post by tjosborn »

Yes, was using the standard release but upgraded to the beta. Will try the API key as I have that deselected right now. Thanks for the advice on Sick Beard and Media Rover.
jamesdew

Post by jamesdew »

This script works brilliantly for me except for the IMDB part

I have set the otions to turn it on via the gui but I dont see any information loaded when I press info. Does this only work for the newzbin feeds?

I dont see anywhere else in the configuration files I can make any changes and there is no logging for diagnosis. Can anyone else tell me what should happen at least?
mdegraaf

Post by mdegraaf »

Hi Guy's

I modified the file rss_parser.py so that IMDB is also working for http://nzbs.org

Replace the file rss_parser.py in the folder \SABNZBD\nzb with the attachment.

I hope switch will include this functionality in a new version.

Martin
jamesdew

Post by jamesdew »

ah ok I see, so this only works if the RSS feed has an IMDB link in it, and even then I would have to make some changes with my almost non-existant python skills.

NZB matrix doesnt include an IMDB link so I guess this is never going to work.

So who's going to send me an invite for newzbin