Sab Sheep for Android (w/ built in VLC Video Streaming)

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
splnut

Re: Sab Sheep for Android (w/ built in VLC Video Streaming)

Post by splnut »

Bought ya another beer.

I'm not able to get it to connect off my internal network, but on my home wireless it streams media just fine. After being on android for years this is the first app Ive purchased.
zetor12

Post by zetor12 »

I'm hoping someone can help me out here, for some reason I am having problems getting Sab Sheep working on my Asus Eeepad, my set up is: I have Sabnzbd on my laptop(W7) I have a wireless router and have port forwarded port 8080 also ticked both TCP and UDP, I have port forwarded to IP Address which I got from the info from ipconfig which said IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.***, in Sab Sheep I put in http://192.168.1.***:8080 and put my Sabnzbd API key in. When I select Status in Sab Sheep in just says Status: Unknown, 0:0:0, I'm sure it must be something wrong with the SABnzbd Url but I cannot figure it out, any help much apreciated.
sabsheep

Post by sabsheep »

zetor12, are you connecting via wifi or a 3g/4g connection on the phone? 192.168.1.* is a private ip address, it would only be accesible via your local network. you need to find out what your public ip is. the best way is to go to http://whatismyipaddress.com on your desktop pc.

splnut, i wouldn't recommend exposing vlc to the public directly. the best way is probably to connect to via vpn. here's how you can setup a vpn connection from android to windows 7:
http://damianblog.com/2011/05/26/androi ... -windows7/
darthanubis

Post by darthanubis »

Rawsome, proudly paid for!

LG Revolution, plays most media formats. Yet the VLC portion of the app does not stream anything, not even music?

I can browse my media just fine. Just keep getting "can not plat this contents". ???
worto03

Post by worto03 »

Hi,

Just paid for this app yesterday, I highly recommend it, thanks, not fussed about the streaming thing as I already have other apps that do that very well but everything else I have tested and it works a treat.

One question - is there a way to filter out languages, for instance if I go into TV:HD it contains a lot of old episodes of things in French or German?

edit - they are filtered out on the nzb website via my account settings
edit - now tested on the advent vega 10.1" tablet too and it looks very good on the tablet - I much prefer this than browsing the web site.

Cheers,
worto.
Last edited by worto03 on August 31st, 2011, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
zymos

Post by zymos »

Paid for it and love it.
Just a suggestion. Me and my friend miss a link to the NFO. It would be good to have one next to the comment link.

Thanks for a great APP!!!
sabsheep

Post by sabsheep »

darthanubis, make sure to add vlc to your firewall exception list or you can forward tcp & udp port 5554
worto03, unfortunately the language information is not available on the source feed from nzb matrix. if i were to implement a language filter, it would have to be based on the post title. e.g. if the word "FRENCH" appeared on the title. this is obviously not very reliable but it is something i'm considering in the future.
zymos, i'll try and add that on the next release.

i've added an internal video player on the current version. seeking is now possible.
wilberfan

Post by wilberfan »

Seems like a cool app, but I'm confused about something. (But I'm a semi-noob, so that shouldn't surprise anyone.)

The market describes Sab Sheep as
The best NZBMatrix browser with a full SABnzbd client.
To me, that implied that downloads would take place entirely on the phone. (I did get the app working with my PC sabnzbd.)

Am I confusing "client" & "server"?? Does this app, in fact, need sabnzbd running on a desktop/laptop/server? I wanted to be able to download stuff directly to the phone--avoiding the necessity of having to transfer stuff from the PC to the phone...

Are there any apps that do what I'm describing??
killitall

Post by killitall »

Internal player is working great over wifi! Thanks for the update!
wilberfan

Post by wilberfan »

Man, I'd love some more details on how you got the vlc/internal player thing to work...

I managed to get VLC on the PC configured to use the http interface, etc... I can connect via sab sheep, browse to my video files, and select one, but then things go bad with messages like this:

Code: Select all

[0xa17f054] main stream out error: socket bind error (Permission denied)
[0xa17f054] main stream out error: cannot create socket(s) for HTTP host
[0xa17f054] stream_out_rtp stream out error: cannot export SDP as RTSP
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.1 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile Constrained Baseline, level 3.0
x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.1 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile Constrained Baseline, level 3.0
[0x9fa6b0c] main playlist: stopping playback
x264 [info]: frame I:2     Avg QP:17.00  size: 12256
x264 [info]: frame P:16    Avg QP:18.67  size:  2374
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 71.9%  0.0% 28.1%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4:  3.4%  0.0%  0.0%  P16..4: 31.3%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:65.3%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 23.7% 36.3% 31.0% inter: 5.7% 15.4% 2.5%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 78% 18%  3%  0%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 31% 24% 19%  5%  4%  6%  3%  4%  4%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 60% 19% 19%  2%
x264 [info]: kb/s:694.41
It feels like I'm close... Can anyone suggest what I could try next?
wilberfan

Post by wilberfan »

Well, based on something I saw after doing some searching, I changed the VLC port from 5554 to something else (in this case I just tried a port at random: 8083)

It worked immediately. I have no idea why port 5554 gave me the errors I was getting (previous post)... Any thoughts?
veeshan28

Post by veeshan28 »

Oh man, I'm being driven crazy! I'd love to get this to work so I went ahead and bought the app, but I'm having a lot of trouble. I've got my port 8080 TCP forwarded and its verified by PFPortchecker. I have my desktops ip put as the SABnzbd Url - http://72.180.194.xxx:8080, and my API key which I took from the general config page from SABnzbd. I have my nzb matrix username put in, along with my password (API key) for it. Now I go to check status and it says "server error". Something about how the operation timed out. This is me trying to connect over Verizon 3G on my Droid X. Anyone who can help me, you'd be very appreciated!!!
sabsheep

Post by sabsheep »

a timeout error usually means the server is unreachable. if you enter the url http://72.180.194.xxx:8080 in your android browser, do you get a response? if the url works on your android browser then it should work on sab sheep.
check the following:
* run latest version of sabnzbd
* port 8080 is forwarded correctly on your router
* if you are running a firewall, port 8080 is in the exception list
veeshan28

Post by veeshan28 »

sabsheep wrote:a timeout error usually means the server is unreachable. if you enter the url http://72.180.194.xxx:8080 in your android browser, do you get a response? if the url works on your android browser then it should work on sab sheep.
check the following:
* run latest version of sabnzbd
* port 8080 is forwarded correctly on your router
* if you are running a firewall, port 8080 is in the exception list
Thanks for the possibilities. I hadn't updated sadnzbd in a while, so I did that, my ports were forwarded, but I didn't have 8080 in the exception list yet. Did those and now it seems to be connecting fine. I'm running into a new issue. I try adding something to my queue, and SAB Sheep says it does it successfully, but then I check my SABnzbd on my computer, and this is what I get

https://api.nzbmatrix.com/v1.1/ download.php?id=967135&username=*********&apikey=********* - » URL Fetching failed; (Problem accessing nzbmatrix server (error:invalid_login)), Try again

(I added an extra space after the slash so it would fully display the url)

Tried googling the problem but wondering if you have any ideas. I tried just downloading the same thing from my computer's browser and it worked fine. Seems like it isn't logging in right to NZB Matrix?
veeshan28

Post by veeshan28 »

Oh, I guess I spoke too soon, but I figured out my problem. Apparently way back when I first setup SABnzbd I put in my NZB Matrix password as the API key, assuming that was what it was asking for. I just did the same thing on SAB Sheep, but now I followed the https://api.nzbmatrix.com URL and realized there is a totally separate API key. Welp, I'm a noob. Thanks for great dev support, you can ignore the last post! lol