Theme: SabNZBd plush (concept!)

Got a neat new template? Share it here!
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Theme: SabNZBd plush Aqua (concept!)

Post by injectx »

nzb_leecher wrote: Hi i always like the some principle coming back everywhere on the page.

Upwards the options menu for example has a ligt to dark look on the menu and buttons.

The queue thing has diagonal stipes as background i think it looks better if you leave away the strips, so the layout is the same everywhere.
I think the diagonal stripes match the forum well. Can eventually be changed in a final stage though.
pair of dimes wrote: Wow that looks incredible!! I would love that as a default scheme.

I think I like shutdown being in the options menu (rather than the upper right icon) -- what I can do is make it so when you hover the options, then it shows the menu without having to click first.

+NZB I can set to use the same menu, though it may need to be larger. I am thinking have three lines for add by ID/URL/upload.

Good news all -- Plush is now fully IE7 compatible! (in test builds) This is in addition to Firefox/Safari/Opera. Thanks to deam for help on that one; and to switch too for making a necessary change in the SABnzbd base code.

Alright, I am going to need to consider this concept further.... here are some things I think ought to be considered at this point:
- Queue Verbosity
OK
- History Purge/Verbosity Toggle (+)?
OK
- History Verbosity with ~60 icons and a reported message (only reports messages on error)
you need this to determine the lenght of the interface?
- History icon for a detected "failed post-processing" plus response text
how do I simulate this in my Sabnzbd? since I don't have any failed at the moment
- Purge for the Queue
to flush the entire queue?
- "Jump to top of list" for each enqueued NZB
OK

Thank you very much injectx for the continued efforts!
you're welcome :), just hope you can get it to work eventually
neilt0

Post by neilt0 »

This design looks fantastic. Well done!

One small point, using "60,5GB" to denote 60.5GB is only used in continental Europe. In the UK and U.S., we use "60.5GB"
Snow

Post by Snow »

Hi, following this post with great interest - so great i have registered for the forum  ;)

I like the idea of being able to toggle (show/hide) the History display 8) - should not be to difficult when using jQuery  ;D

Furthermore i noticed in the current Plush theme that the font-size is hard-coded at a certain amount of pixels - this makes it impossible to shrink the page to fit my browser window - it might be a good idea to work with a 'small' default font-size in the body of CSS and use em's to indicate the size of all other elements.

Grtz and keep up this good work  8)
Usenet

Post by Usenet »

injectx wrote: Combined the lighter version I posted earlier with the new black one.
Also made a concept options menu.
Again, comments!
I must say it looks fantastic! :)
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

neilt0 wrote: This design looks fantastic. Well done!

One small point, using "60,5GB" to denote 60.5GB is only used in continental Europe. In the UK and U.S., we use "60.5GB"
done.
pair of dimes wrote: Ever notice that the favicon looks like "sab" with a yellow hat sitting atop? Maybe if you wanted to brand your theme in a way, you could use a golden pimp hat  ;)

:D like the idea! but for now I first want to look at it and test it as it is.. maybe the screen (and logo) will get too busy but it could work out good.
Snow wrote:

Furthermore i noticed in the current Plush theme that the font-size is hard-coded at a certain amount of pixels - this makes it impossible to shrink the page to fit my browser window - it might be a good idea to work with a 'small' default font-size in the body of CSS and use em's to indicate the size of all other elements.
Made adjustments in the list height, font size can always be set smaller if necessary.

Few more things:

The edge on the bottom isn't as round as the edge above.
That's because I didn't use a vector image for the background and it would be a hell of a job to create a new rectangle.. so hope you don't mind.

The overall color/gradient may be a little sloppy in some parts of the image, photoshop is not performing well anymore because of the large
PSD file. I'm creating an improved PSD, only with highly necessary layers in it (should work a lot faster).

The flush entire queue option could be set in the options menu, as it is a function that should not be used very much. Also question/warning window could pop up to make sure you don't push it by accident.

Also sorry pair, for not doing as told with the ~60 icons long list. I hope you can get a bit of information from the picture I made.
My laptop is suffering of some mayor lags when it comes to big images  :-\

And again thanks for your comments! keeps me going :)
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

Really love it! Every update gets better and better  :o ;D
injectx wrote: P.s. : Maybe someone could change the topic title to: Theme: SabNZBd plush V2 (concept) or something like that.. because Aqua is not the main working template anymore. Thanks.
Click the "modify" button (at the top of your post on the right) of your first post of this topic.
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

DeXeS wrote: Really love it! Every update gets better and better  :o ;D
injectx wrote: P.s. : Maybe someone could change the topic title to: Theme: SabNZBd plush V2 (concept) or something like that.. because Aqua is not the main working template anymore. Thanks.
Click the "modify" button (at the top of your post on the right) of your first post of this topic.
Thanks! for both your tip and comment :)
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

pair of dimes wrote: Here is the thing with the icons in the History Verbosity. There are really only two cases where you want to see any text at all:
1) during post-processing... i.e. "Unpacking 04/55"
2) if an error was detected... i.e. "ERROR: CRC failure"
why not just a green ok "V" sign and behind that the time of unraring + parring. Something like this: (see attachment)
this way it's minimal and you can direcly see if anything went wrong.
evidenceunseen

Re: Theme: SabNZBd plush (concept!)

Post by evidenceunseen »

Looks very good!!! But I think it would be nice to have a scrollbar on the queue as well at least as an option. I think it could be done by not having drag and drop as the only method of sorting have 2 little arrows or triangls one pointing up and one poing down on each item in the queue that only show when you're hovering over the item.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

pair of dimes wrote: One other thing for the Queue.... how about for every NZB, right underneath the "time left", the ETA is also shown, like so: (centered within its column)

00:30:00
02/28 7:30p

01:00:00
02/28 8:30p

02/28 9:00p

00:10:00
02/28 9:10p
Yep that would be great, only in this format please, the world is bigger then USA  8)  :D
02/28 11:30

02/28 13:30

02/28 14:00

02/28 18:10
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

I also like it more in 24-hour style.
Edit: why not remove the seconds if you want fewer numbers?
Last edited by DeXeS on February 28th, 2008, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

pair of dimes wrote: Let me try another one....

Code: Select all

Feb 28 11:30

Feb 28 12:30

Feb 28 13:00

Feb 28 13:10
Fewer numbers that way... does that work for non-US? (ignorant American here)
Yeah now we are talking, if you want less numbers why dont leave the day/month away, most is done in dloaded the same day or when sleeping
nzb_leecher

Post by nzb_leecher »

DeXeS wrote: I also like it more in 24-hour style.
Edit: why not remove the seconds if you want fewer numbers?
intresting thought, nerver thought on it myself. But not a bad suggestion, however i have no idea how it will look.
injectx
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by injectx »

Changes made in screenshot below:

evidenceunseen wrote: Looks very good!!! But I think it would be nice to have a scrollbar on the queue as well at least as an option. I think it could be done by not having drag and drop as the only method of sorting have 2 little arrows or triangls one pointing up and one poing down on each item in the queue that only show when you're hovering over the item.
Don't you think this a bit overkill? Well maybe we could switch to that option if dragging and dropping doesn't work out well.
DeXeS wrote:
pair of dimes wrote: Here is the thing with the icons in the History Verbosity. There are really only two cases where you want to see any text at all:
1) during post-processing... i.e. "Unpacking 04/55"
2) if an error was detected... i.e. "ERROR: CRC failure"
why not just a green ok "V" sign and behind that the time of unraring + parring. Something like this: (see attachment)
this way it's minimal and you can direcly see if anything went wrong.
In front of the name a checkmark or a cross is placed to inform about any errors. This is what you meant?

Well pair, I hope this is what you meant, if not, let me know :)

yawn! injectx signing out for today...

p.s. : good to know you figured out how long gradients can be used, should come in handy when implementing aqua or the black theme in a later stage.
other thing I saw today whas the IE7 compatability, really good work!
Last edited by injectx on February 28th, 2008, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

pair of dimes wrote: Maybe it could just be something like this here:
(say if you were hovering on Ubuntu)
I agree with Injectx, this would be overkill. We have drag & drop working. All we have to do is say "SORTING IN PLUSH IS DRAG & DROP" and make the drag & drop system work as well as possible. You don't need any extra visual widgets apart from the grippie.