RPM for Fedora and RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux 5-7

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
atek3

Re: SABnzbd RPM for Fedora 13-15 and RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux 5-6

Post by atek3 »

Hi, I followed the instructions and got SABnzbd running on a Fedora 14 box, but I have two problems. Although it downloads fine, it won't unrar:

2011-06-18 02:34:38,584::ERROR::[newsunpack:416] Error "[Errno 2] No such file or directory" while running rar_unpack on 1111 02:34:38,585::INFO::[newsunpack:200]
Unrar finished on /var/hda/files/drives/drive3/movies/Fresh Media/Incomplete/1111

I tried installing Unrar x64 4.01 but that didn't fix the issue.

Secondly I can't get it SABnzbd to run as a server. When I say "service sabnzbd start" i get the following message:
[root@wintermute myuser]# service SABnzbd start
/etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd: line 4: myuser: command not found
/etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd: line 7: /home/myuser/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini: Permission denied
/etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd: line 10: my api key : command not found
/etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd: line 18: myuser: command not found
/etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd: line 23: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd: line 24: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Please configure /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd first.
sabuser apikey variable(s) undefined

Here is my /etc/sysconfig/sabnbzd file:

SABnzbd service configuration

#run SABnzbd as
sabuser= myuser

#modify if SABnzbd config file is somewhere else for some reason
config= /home/myuser/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

#API key (can be found in the above config file)
apikey= my API key

#gui address, eg: ${protocol}://${host}:${port}/sabznbd/
protocol=http
host=0.0.0.0
port=8080

#leave blank if no username/password is required to access the gui
username= my username
password= my passphrase

#use nice, ionice, taskset to start SABnzbd
nicecmd=
#  example: nicecmd="nice -n 19 ionice -c3"

Thanks for the help,
atek3
Hansvon

Post by Hansvon »

Hi,
For unrar, Please try version 3.9.10 from http://rpmfusion.org/
As for the /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd, you should remove all spaces between = and the value (eg, var=value, not var= value).
Last edited by Hansvon on June 18th, 2011, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
atek3

Post by atek3 »

okay... i'm pretty proud of myself. I got SABnzbd starting and stopping as a service.

Unrar, however, is all messed up.

i downloaded the package you recommended. I tried installing it over the unrar I had previously, but I can't see it, just two other versions, 3.9.3 and 4.01.  any idea how to just remove all unrar related stuff and start cleanly?

I'm very new to linux in general and fedora specifically.
Hansvon

Post by Hansvon »

I don't really understand. How did you install unrar 4 first? That was from a rpm?
Anyway, you should probably remove all unrar/rar packages you installed: rpm -qa | grep rar to list them, and "yum remove ..." to remove them. Then you should check that you don't have any *rar* left somewhere by running rar/unrar, updatedb & locate rar, and removing files manually
Last edited by Hansvon on June 18th, 2011, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dimtar

Re: SABnzbd RPM for Fedora 13-15 and RHEL/CentOS/Scientific

Post by dimtar »

<raises hand>
Noob here, please be nice. I have tried to google and I have read all the pages here before asking.

Running Fedora 15 here. I did the following, after getting unrar from the non free repo.
If you want to get updates automatically, you can install the SABnzbd-release RPM and then run "yum install SABnzbd".
I can start it from the application menu and it works but I cannot change the default folder location. Assuming this meant I had to manually edit the config.ini file as root I tried to find it, nothing showed up in the search that was an ini so I have a look a through the guide again.
Run SABnzbd as a service
The RPM installs a service (init.d) but does not start it by defaut. If you want to run SABnzbd as a service executed as user $sabuser, you need to

(as $sabuser) run SABnzbd once to have a configuration file (the service checks that /home/$sabuser/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini exists). Don't forget to stop SABnzbd when done.
(as root) define a few variables in /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd
(as root) try to start the service ("service SABnzbd start"), see if it's running ("service SABnzbd status"), try to stop it ("service SABnzbd stop"). If you can't stop it, it means the gui address and/or the username/password and/or the apikey is/are wrong (ie. fix /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd). It's very important that the system can stop properly SABnzbd. Please be careful.
(as root) if the third step works: "chkconfig --levels 345 SABnzbd on", to have SABnzbd started in run levels 3,4, and 5 when your computer starts
The above to me makes me think that when I installed it via yum it should have made a user called '$sabuser' though I can find no user. I am kind of lost now sorry and I just want to find the config file so I can adjust the directories.
Hansvon

Post by Hansvon »

No special user is created when you install the rpm. You have to choose "$sabuser" and configure /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd ( a few variables need to be set).
dimtar

Post by dimtar »

Hansvon wrote:No special user is created when you install the rpm. You have to choose "$sabuser" and configure /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd ( a few variables need to be set).

I am sorry but I do not understand, you just said no special user is created but yet I have to use a user called "$sabuser"? I am clearly missing something.
Hansvon

Post by Hansvon »

$sabuser is whatever you want it to be, root, dimtar, etc...
rominimbourg

Re: RPM for Fedora 13-15 and RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux 5-

Post by rominimbourg »

Hello
I tryed to install SABnzbd on my Fedora 15 but the link http://hansvon.homelinux.org/SABnzbd/SA ... noarch.rpm is down . Someone have a solution for the rpm ?

Thanks
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Try PM-ing hansvon
Hansvon

Post by Hansvon »

Sorry, I have moved across continents and don't have internet access yet.
dyndns.org nuked hansvon.homelinux.org for some reason and I can't create it back.... So the repository is now located at http://fedora-sabnzbd.dyndns.org/SABnzbd/index.html. Please update your SABnzbd-release rpm (fedora) or the SABnzbd.repo file (CentOS) (see the first message of this thread).
yeehaw

Post by yeehaw »

Hansvon wrote:Sorry, I have moved across continents and don't have internet access yet.
dyndns.org nuked hansvon.homelinux.org for some reason and I can't create it back.... So the repository is now located at http://fedora-sabnzbd.dyndns.org/SABnzbd/index.html. Please update your SABnzbd-release rpm (fedora) or the SABnzbd.repo file (CentOS) (see the first message of this thread).
Thanks!
chip

Re: RPM for Fedora 14-16 and RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux 5-

Post by chip »

Ok I am trying to get this setup on vortexbox which is based off of fedora 14.

I am stuck at this part -
(as $sabuser) run SABnzbd once to have a configuration file (the service checks that /home/$sabuser/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini exists). Don't forget to stop SABnzbd when done

I can edit the /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd but I don't see the /home/$sabuser/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini or that INI file anywhere else -

I guess how do I run SABnzbd as $sabuser?
Hansvon

Post by Hansvon »

Under which user do you want to run SABnzbd? Let's say you reply chip.
Login/ssh to your machine with the user chip. Run SABnzbd once. Quit.
Edit /etc/sysconfig/SABnzbd and change
sabuser=
to
sabuser=chip

Define/verify the other variables (apikey=).
chip

Post by chip »

Ok thanks - The part I overlooked was just typing "SABnzbd" as this actually creates the /home/$sabuser/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini file though in a different directory for my setup.

Makes sense now.

Ok I have the service running and I am trying to access it but get nothing -

After a few seconds you'll be presented with a link to http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd

So I actually am doing http://vortexbox:8080/sabnzbd

Ok so I dug into this a little more - Not sure why I am having issues still but anyways -

If I do the following while I am putty'd into my vortexbox I can get to the quickstart -
Change directory - cd /usr/share/SABnzbd
Run: python SABnzbd.py -d -s 0.0.0.0:8082 which I got from the Unraid install page.

If I change the port in the /etc/sysconfig/Sabnzbd file it breaks and the service won't run etc.