Sickbeard?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
jmuk

Sickbeard?

Post by jmuk »

I have looked at sickbeard after seeing a few posts on this forum mentioning it. I use NZBMatrix and the RSS feed function with SABnzbd to automatically start my downloads. Reading through sickbeard, I do not understand the difference between what it offers and the functionality that I am getting via SABNzdb (as I only use NZBMatrix)

Is this the only difference, if I used more that one type of NZBMatrix it would look at all of them and get the first one?

sorry for the n00b question but I do not understand.....
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sickbeard?

Post by EnnZeeBee »

I'm not an expert user of Sick Beard. However, some of the functionality that it offers is the automatic creation of directories where your downloads are stored, the link to TheTVdb.com site from which you have a page in Sick Beard showing what episodes you have missed, what episodes are coming up and a summary of their plot. It's also very easy to manage your episodes using Sick Beard. I suggest that you download and install it, and then use it to see all the functions and features.
fvboegeld

Post by fvboegeld »

Or you can use the site http://www.tvchecker.net (see this topic) in combination with a small program (see this topic). With the site you can easily keep track of your series, missing episodes and so on...
skube

Post by skube »

Sickbeard also has an API which can be used by other apps such as Plex and Maraschino.