Update on Ubuntu 10.10 Broken.

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
peeedeee

Update on Ubuntu 10.10 Broken.

Post by peeedeee »

Updating or install sabnzbd via apt breaks sabnzbd on ubuntu 10.10 (server) using repository ppa:jcfp/ppa.
It installs 0.7.0~beta2-0ubuntu1~jcfp1~maverick. Wich depents on Python 2.7 while Ubuntu useses Python 2.6.6.

Its driving me nuts, already spend 3hours getting sabnzbd to work. I tried to update Phython (not working), went back to older version of sanzbd (gives errors), manualy tried to find the older version in the ppa, etc.

@ JCFP, if you read this please change the .deb for ubuntu 10.10. back to an older version.
Thanks
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Update on Ubuntu 10.10 Broken.

Post by sander »

Interesting: you say Python 2.6 is also incompatible with SAB 0.7.x? See https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.ph ... 92&p=63817 which says python 2.5 (not 2.6) is incompatible. Maybe you should post the exact error message.
Shypike will make 0.7.x compatible with python 2.5 again, so I guess that's compatible with 2.6

In the meantime: I think the an easy way to get a working SABnzbd is this: delte & purge sabnzbdplus, remove the ppa, install sabnzbdplus (so, that's from the standard repository http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/all/sabnzbdplus). That will give you SAB 0.5.x

Or, if you want SAB 0.6.x, you can download the source and run that.

EDIT:

PS: You know the support for Ubuntu 10.10 has ended? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ub ... f_versions
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

peeedeee wrote:It installs 0.7.0~beta2-0ubuntu1~jcfp1~maverick. Wich depents on Python 2.7 while Ubuntu useses Python 2.6.6.
There's no dependency on python 2.7, see this excerpt from the output of 'apt-cache show sabnzbdplus' on a maverick system:
Package: sabnzbdplus
Version: 0.7.0~beta2-0ubuntu1~jcfp1~maverick
Recommends: python-yenc (>= 0.3), python-openssl (>= 0.6), unzip, par2 (>= 0.4), unrar (>= 3.8.0) | rar (>= 3.8.0), sabnzbdplus-theme-classic, sabnzbdplus-theme-smpl
Suggests: sabnzbdplus-theme-mobile, python-notify, python-dbus
Depends: python (>= 2.5), python-support (>= 0.90.0), python-cheetah (>= 2.0.1), python-configobj, python-feedparser, sabnzbdplus-theme-plush (= 0.7.0~beta2-0ubuntu1~jcfp1~maverick)
MD5sum: 1b4a413c9b25b95489d635b9cd2eabaa
The only change in dependencies relative to 0.6.x is the suggest on python-notify, that should never stop an install or update. Without the full command line or logs of the actual errors you experience, there's nothing useful to say here.
peeedeee

Post by peeedeee »

First of all, sorry for being a retard!

Sander Thanx for:
See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10492&p=63817 which says python 2.5 (not 2.6) is incompatible
I've already read that topic, and why i was thinking 2.6 was not supported? I don't know? Probally due frustration and fast reading?

@ JCFP: Just Sorry!

The problem (on my system) seems to be created by a faulty configfile in /etc/default/ wich caused a failure trying to create a socket.
I removed that file and all the other config files, installed rar, did a clean install and now everything is okee.

If some on is interested in a error log? (Mainly this error:)

Code: Select all

Exception in thread HTTPServer Thread-9:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 75, in _start_http_thread
    self.httpserver.start()
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 1644, in start
    raise socket.error, msg
error: [Errno 99] Kan verzochte adres niet toewijzen
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

peeedeee wrote:

Code: Select all

error: [Errno 99] Kan verzochte adres niet toewijzen
Common problem, that - as you have no doubt found out by now - happens when the program cannot make sense of the configured hostname or ip.