Windows shutdown script

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
beerglass007

Windows shutdown script

Post by beerglass007 »

Hi

I'm running SABNZBD on my windows XP machine and wanted to know how I could create a script which would shutdown my machine when finished.

The command to shutdown a windows XP machine is shutdown -s

But how do I make this a script and select it as a post script

Many Thanks
switch

Re: Windows shutdown script

Post by switch »

There is no need for a separate script, you can choose this option in the "Action on queue finish" drop-down. The location for this setting varies in the different skins. Default+Smpl: Top of queue page, Plush:In the main drop-down.
qubito

Post by qubito »

But you have to set this when it starts up.  Is there anyway to do this automatically? I want to set SABnzbd+ to open every day at 00:00hrs check the watched folder and start to download...when downlaoding is finshed I want the PC to shut down. 
==================================
HTPC - GA-MA78GM-S2H; Athlon BE-2400; 78OG Integrated graphics; Windows 7 b.7057.  2GB RAM; Floppy DTV DVB-S2.
dvdapex

Post by dvdapex »

qubito,
Can you have your power-settings (Control Panel \ Dislpay \ Screen Saver \ Power Savings (I'm not positive on what it's called since I'm not at a machine that has this enabled). And have it set to shutdown whatever after 15 minutes of inactivity?

If you have that, then your scheduled task will have your machine turn on at 00:00 hrs and then it'll have work to do.  Approx 15 minutes after SABNZBd is done, your machine will shut down (or hibernate or standby)
Laat

Post by Laat »

Create a .txt file with this command:
shutdown -s -f -c "Download finished"

rename it to .bat and place it in the postscript folder.