Trouble remembering par2 location

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
endymion2k5

Trouble remembering par2 location

Post by endymion2k5 »

Hello,

Ive been on the IRC chat few times now, not that i wasnt helped i was just AFK alot and the forum seems a more viable option now. The problem is that sabnzbd keeps forgetting my par2 directory or something, ive checked a few things in advance. Im not sure wether this should be considered as a bug, i can confirm that ive had this problem for at least 0.4.0 till 0.4.3, the same counts for my OS (FreeBSD 7), reinstalled multiple times not due to this problem. Recently did an 'portupgrade -f par2cmdline' to get the latest par2 program, this did not work.

- Looked at how sabnzbd figures out where to find my par2 program, it looks in the path, my path is valid and my par2 program should be found.
- par2 program is found when i start sabnzbd, after a few days (maybe after a bad par2?) it forgets where it is, a message shows up that par2 could not be found.
- 'which par2' tells me that it is located in /usr/local/bin/par2
- PATH contains /usr/local/bin
- when using par2 manually it always said "main program missing", this is why i did an 'portupgrade -f par2cmdline', then manually worked fine again. (not sure if this is the issue after a few days)
- When par2 program seems missing, i have to shutdown sabnzbd and restart it, then it is found again.

Why should sabnzbd suddenly forget where par2 is? unrar and unzip are unscaved, wich are also in /usr/local/bin and from what ive seen from the detection code is that it is the same for par2.

What can i try for you to debug this issue further?

-- Edit [Added bit more info]
Last edited by endymion2k5 on September 12th, 2008, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trouble remembering par2 location

Post by shypike »

Does this coincide with when you do "apt-get upgrade" ?
endymion2k5

Re: Trouble remembering par2 location

Post by endymion2k5 »

FreeBSD doesnt have 'apt-get' hehe  :P