[Windows] SABnzbd4LCDSmartie - Stats on your LCD

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
IzeQube

[Windows] SABnzbd4LCDSmartie - Stats on your LCD

Post by IzeQube »

Hi,

after finally getting my LCD display working in Windows the way I wanted, I wanted to show my download information on it.

I use LCDSmartie (http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/) to drive my (crappy) Imon-LCD (but it also works with a lot of other displays), but couldn't find any exisiting plugins for this task...so I wrote one ;)

It has the following functions:
- Returns current SABnzbd status. Useful for use in Actions in LCDSmartie (Enable or Disable Screen when downloading).
- Returns current download speed
- Returns any item from the main list from SABnzbds "Advanced Queue Output"
- Returns any sub item that is associated to current download

Full documentation, download und source code available here
MadeMeCry

Re: [Windows] SABnzbd4LCDSmartie - Stats on your LCD

Post by MadeMeCry »

This looks good, a couple of quick questions though first:
1. The download does not seem to include the Newtonsoft.Json.dll referenced in the documentation. Tried downloading it from other sites but there are a lot of versions for different .NET.
2. Does it use the IMON API used in the current IMON versions or the old SG_VFD.dll method.

thanks
IzeQube

Post by IzeQube »

Sorry, I knew I forgot something :-) The right version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll is now included in the download.

I'm using LCDSmartie with the old SG_VFD.dll Method and the newest official IMON-Software. When I kill it once it's started it doesn't interfere with LCDSmartie anymore.
MadeMeCry

Post by MadeMeCry »

IzeQube wrote:Sorry, I knew I forgot something :-) The right version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll is now included in the download.
Download a few more times and still cannot see Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the zip file.

I already use quite a simple, but crude, solution to get the sabnzbd information (downloading or idle, download rate and overall time remaining) using the webtxt plugin.