Monthly download statistics, with transfer limit check...

Want something added? Ask for it here.
mcka

Monthly download statistics, with transfer limit check...

Post by mcka »

Hi!

If you have a usenet account with e.g. 20 GB limit, it would be interesting to see, how much of the 20 GB you have downloaded already in the current month/period. Usually the "month" does not start at the 1st, but at the day you subscribed, e.g. the 12th.

Second problem is, that you could have more than one provider with different limits and period.

Would be very useful for people with a limited account!

What do you think about that?

regards
mcka
sab12397

Re: Monthly download statistics, with transfer limit check...

Post by sab12397 »

Not ideal but I have requested the ability to edit the Bytes Downloaded figure and optionally make it count down.  If another option is added to Pause at a specific bytes downloaded figure this would give some control of managing allowances.  Unfortunately I did not get any replies.

Could probably make it simpler option to edit Bytes Downloaded and an option to make SABnzbd pause (or not resume in case you restart SABnzbd) when the Bytes Downloaded gets higher than a specific figure.  Every month you can then edit the Bytes Downloaded figure back to 0 and the process starts again.  No need for it too count down.

Perhaps the more people ask for this or something similar the more chance of it being considered for adding.  Hopefully it is already in v0.5  ;D

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=980.0
eydaimon

Post by eydaimon »

mcka wrote: Hi!

If you have a usenet account with e.g. 20 GB limit, it would be interesting to see, how much of the 20 GB you have downloaded already in the current month/period. Usually the "month" does not start at the 1st, but at the day you subscribed, e.g. the 12th.

Second problem is, that you could have more than one provider with different limits and period.

Would be very useful for people with a limited account!

What do you think about that?

regards
mcka
I think this would be awesome. *bump*

Monthly usage stats would be the bare minimum. There's other interesting stats like what binary group you get the most from. Average download speeds depending on time of day (I know some cable users have their speed vary) etc.

Shypike? You here? :)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Yeah, I'll add it to the ever expanding wish list.
This does not have high priority for the team.

This is endlessly complex, because we're never going to get this right for everyone.
Next thing people will be asking is charts...
Also it starts to depart quite a bit from the original purpose of the program.
eydaimon

Post by eydaimon »

shypike wrote: Yeah, I'll add it to the ever expanding wish list.
This does not have high priority for the team.

This is endlessly complex, because we're never going to get this right for everyone.
Next thing people will be asking is charts...
Also it starts to depart quite a bit from the original purpose of the program.
Charts! Awesome! Did everyone catch that? Shypike promised charts!!!  :P
umhelp

Post by umhelp »

I think it would be a nice feature to keep a running total of all downloads (with optional reset). It would be a nice start to the statistics page.  :D

Currently I have this at the bottom of my queue tab:

Code: Select all

Download Dir: 21.77 GB - Complete Dir: 148.41 GB - Download speed: 0.00 KB/s - Queued: 0.00/0.00 MB 
As a software developer I don't think adding a download total would be all that difficult. But then again I have never looked at the source code for this project... I could be wrong. Here is any example of what I am was thinking:

Code: Select all

Download Dir: 21.77 GB - Complete Dir: 148.41 GB - Download speed: 0.00 KB/s - Queued: 0.00/0.00 MB - Total Downloaded: 1.5TB
eydaimon

Post by eydaimon »

umhelp wrote: I think it would be a nice feature to keep a running total of all downloads (with optional reset). It would be a nice start to the statistics page.  :D
check your download history. I believe it will say there.
switch

Post by switch »

Per day/week/month/year/server download statistics will eventually be added to sabnzbd.

For now 0.5 will tell you the size of your history, the size of what has been downloaded this month and this week. These aren't properly download statistics, as they require you to not delete entries from the history for them to be usable as a measure of how much you have downloaded.
umhelp

Post by umhelp »

Yea as already posted the History stats are not perfect. I clear my history because it gets to be pretty ridiculously long.

Proper stats would just be amazing. I cannot wait.

Thanks  ;D ;D

Keep up the good work.
kilrae

Post by kilrae »

switch wrote: Per day/week/month/year/server download statistics will eventually be added to sabnzbd.
I'd love to be able to set the day the month starts on to coincide with my server's billing date (instead of the first of the month).
hal

Post by hal »

Does anyone know how to reset the "Complete Dir" statistic at the bottom of the classic page, please?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

hal wrote: Does anyone know how to reset the "Complete Dir" statistic at the bottom of the classic page, please?
The "complete dir" statistic is the free space available on the drive where the "complete dir" is.
Just fill up your drive an this will become 0 ;)