Having trouble with Sickbeard and Sabnzbd+

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
AtariBaby

Having trouble with Sickbeard and Sabnzbd+

Post by AtariBaby »

UPDATE: Dont' know whether it's related or not, but when I restart Sickbeard, it has forgotten everything I've saved. It starts with no configuration or shows. A little help?

Im using the latest versions of Sab and Sick and Ubuntu desktop.

Version: 0.73
Install-type: linux repository
Skin (if applicable): Default
Firewall Software: Only default in Ubuntu, airport extreme router
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? yes

Hi all,

I am having trouble with a Sab and Sickbeard setup. Let me know if you don't support that and accept my apologies for posting here.

I have an Ubuntu machine running Sab and Sickbeard, with Sick (hopefully) configured to move completed files to a Popcorn Hour A300. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer:

1) During the trial and error of this setup, I wound up with Sab/Sickbeard completing several files and storing them into the wrong directory. How do I properly move those files so that Sab and Sickbeard are aware of the move and happy with it?

2) Right now I'm testing the system with the show "Comedy Bang Bang", which I entered into Sickbeard, and whose season is currently airing and I know it exists plentifully in most p2p circles. But Sabnzbd seems to have only been trying to get the first episode and nothing else. Meanwhile all episodes are "snatched" by Sickbeard. Is this a sign I have configuration problems? And if so, how do I narrow down the trouble? See linked image:
http://bayimg.com/oAbgDaAeb
clinton hall

Re: Having trouble with Sickbeard and Sabnzbd+

Post by clinton hall »

SickBeard grabbed an nzb that was marked as comedy bang bang S01, so in theory this should be the entire first season. To avoide the "out of servers retention" issue make sure you set the same server retention in SickBeard search criteria and in SABnzbd server settings.

To force Sickbeard not to grab the season release, just mark the season as "skipped" then select 1 or 2 episodes and mark as "wanted" this should force SB to grab only those episodes. Once snatched, mark the remaining episodes as "wanted" and the rest should download as individual episodes.

For post processing, you can either set up the sabToSickBeard post processing script, or you can set up SickBeard post processing to look at the SABnzbd completed downloads folder.

Set up SickBeard to send the category "tv" to SABnzbd, then in SABnzbd set up categories and ensure you have a "tv" category that will extract completed downloads to /completed/tv. This is the folder you need to have SB post processing pointing to.

Finally, ensure SABnzbd sorting is disabled (since we want SB to do this).
There are some more detailed instructions on the SB forums if needed. (can't post link right now as their site appears to be down temporarily)
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

Thanks. there are some tips here I didnt know about. Unfortunately, right now I've got to figure out why sickbeard resets after a restart first. Maybe I'll reinstall it.

Edit: Might have fixed the Sickbeard missing config problem. I'll try your suggestion for skipping that file now.
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

clinton hall wrote:SickBeard grabbed an nzb that was marked as comedy bang bang S01, so in theory this should be the entire first season. To avoide the "out of servers retention" issue make sure you set the same server retention in SickBeard search criteria and in SABnzbd server settings.
Upon closer inspection, that nzb is "S01.Preview". Is there some way to make Sick grab a different file?

I have tried your "skipped" and "wanted" suggestion, but Sickbeard says those episodes are snatched, while Sab reports no new activity at all.
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

My sab and sickbeard aren't talking to each other anymore. I've just deleted and re-added "comedy bang bang" and "breaking bad", and nothing is showing up in the queue with Sab.
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

oh, clinton, sabnzbd is downloading one of the episodes for comedy bang bang, after I tried what you suggested!

Something is still wrong iwth my sickbeard installation, however.
clinton hall

Post by clinton hall »

Hi AtariBaby,

I was just about to post telling you the best place for SickBeard config advice is on the SB forums, but I see you have already posted a question over there (or at least someone there is registered as "AtariBaby")

Anyway, to look at a few configuration guides etc, look here http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1706
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

I understand and thank you for your time.