More Scheduling Power

Want something added? Ask for it here.
AllRoCol

More Scheduling Power

Post by AllRoCol »

Hello,

I frequently have to deal with scheduling because of a shared internet connection. I was wondering if it would be possible to have some things added for it.

#1 - Multiple schedule profiles. Like say you want it to run until 5 one day, noon another. What I mean is the ability to switch back and forth between them.  I'm not talking about a by day thing, I just mean that I don't have a specific schedule for when I want it on or for how long, so I would like to be able to set it to the schedule of roommates.

#2 - A fast on and off switch for scheduling. I don't like having to go back and turn off one part of it to get full speed back when I don't need to share the internet, so maybe a switch on the main page that tells you if it is on or not, then allows you to turn it on/off, would be nice.

Thank you.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: More Scheduling Power

Post by shypike »

Personalized scheduling you have to do outside of SABnzbd.
There's a number of API calls available: http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/automation-support

For a temporary override, use the speedlimit box on the queue page.
Last edited by shypike on October 7th, 2008, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sab12397

Post by sab12397 »

shypike wrote: Temporary override, use the speedlimit box on the queue page.
Should be noted that if you do use the speedlimit box the speed does not return to the last scheduled speedlimit when you set this box back to 0.  It does not work for me anyway.
doubledrat
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by doubledrat »

1. see http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1123.0

if you want specific patterns on an adhoc basis, you can create another batch file that looks like this

set loc=C:\batchfiles
at 09:00  %loc%\sabpause.bat
at 11:59  %loc%\sabstart.bat
at 12:00  %loc%\sabspeed.bat 100
at 15:00  %loc%\sabspeed.bat 200
at 18:00  %loc%\sabspeed.bat 0

I think you get the idea.  You can create as many of these as you like and just run them as and when you need that particular pattern

2. can be done with a simple batch script -

Code: Select all

@echo off
set /p speedl=Slow down to what speed? 
c:\uutils\wget -q -O pause.tmp "Http://192.168.0.3:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode=config&name=speedlimit&value=%speedl%"
echo.
set /p resumeM=Enter number of minutes before resuming full speed (default 30 mins) : 
if "%resumeM%"=="" set resumeM=30
for /f "usebackq delims=: tokens=1-2" %%t in (`echo %TIME%`) do set /a mins=%%u + %resumeM% && set hour=%%t
set /a addhr=%mins% / 60
set /a mins=%mins% - 60 * %addhr%
set /a hour=%hour% + %addhr%
if %hour% GTR 23 set /a hour=%hour%-24
echo %hour% %mins%
at %hour%:%mins% cmd /c "c:\uutils\wget -q -O pause.tmp ""Http://192.168.0.3:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode=config&name=speedlimit&value=0""
you will also need to download wget, and obviously change to your ip address.

ps if you're on unix the script would be even simpler
Last edited by doubledrat on November 6th, 2008, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.