SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
qonstrukt

Re: SABnzbdX, SABnzbd for OSX gui

Post by qonstrukt »

I'm wondering the same, I switched to using SSL only with a valid certificate, but I can't connect using SABnzbdX now. :(
tripkip

Post by tripkip »

Put it on Github and I'll help you with development.
willpower101

Post by willpower101 »

Looks like he's not going to share the source. I think this one's dead boys.
shinratdr

Post by shinratdr »

I know you don't have time to work on the application extensively, but I'm hoping that development isn't entirely dead as OS X 10.10 Yosemite introduces a change that makes SABnzbdX less useful & attractive.

It appears that the system-wide font change in Yosemite makes the XXXX KB/sec line break into two lines, which screws up the alignment of the whole thing. This issue has persisted across all four Yosemite Developer Previews, so it's not likely to go away. Here is an example screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/262j302q3A1f

It appears to be a simple fix, just make the space that the extension uses a touch wider, use a font other than the system wide one, or display MB/sec which would only use three character spaces instead of four (3.3MB/sec instead of 3300KB/sec).

A minor issue, but it makes the app look broken and I still use this thing every day. It's an invaluable part of my SABnzbd+ setup and about the only way I pause or invoke the program in my house.
shinratdr

Post by shinratdr »

Ok, well that issue was made moot by the released Yosemite, because it fixed the spacing issue. So that's good. The only remaining issue is that the icon is incompatible with night mode in OS X. When using night mode, it becomes very difficult to see the icon. I whipped up a quick and dirty set of replacement files, made by simply inverting the colours in Preview.

http://cl.ly/1p0a320I3C27

Simply unzip, and drag and drop the four pngs into /Applications/SABnzbdX/Contents/Resources and replace the existing files. Now launch SABnzbdX and the icons should be white in the menu bar. This brings it back to fully functional for me in Yosemite.
JayZ

Post by JayZ »