RSS feed help

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
TheBiGW
Release Testers
Release Testers

RSS feed help

Post by TheBiGW »

Hi all

I installed the latest sabnzbd+ last night and saw the news about RSS feeds now being supported from nzbindex.nl and thought I'd try it out. I setup a fairly aggressive RSS feed for Prison Break (file size limit, series in the name, from a particular group, 1 day old only) and set the RSS feeds to review every hour or so. It correctly found the latest episode.

However, when I logged in this morning I found like 9 copies of the episode had been downloaded!

Any ideas how I can stop this from happening? I have read the help file but can't see any mention of this in the docs...

This is the feed URL I am using btw.

http://nzbindex.nl/rss/?searchitem=pris ... e=&poster=

Thanks!
switch

Re: RSS feed help

Post by switch »

The current duplicate detections I believe works on the name of the RSS feed entry. Since the names of the RSS items on NZBIndex use the full subject name it could cause problems. Also the fact that the nzb download for NZBIndex is not the link in the title could confuse the detection.

I will have to look into it and ask shypike as to what is wrong.
TheBiGW
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by TheBiGW »

Also it posts a 'warning' every time it checks a feed with nothing to download. Quite annoying :(
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

A warning is given for an empty feed, not "when there's nothing to download".
An empty feed is a an error in most cases.
Snifey

Post by Snifey »

I am using the RSS-feed from nzbindex.nl too and having also have multiple copies of the same episode.

A possible work around  (I haven't test it yet) is to set the age of the post in your feed to 1  (you have already done that) and the  RSS checking interval to 1440 minutes (= 24 hours). In that case you check once a day your feed and get less copies...

Let me know if this workaround works?
TheBiGW
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by TheBiGW »

I guess that would work, but I'd rather have the releases as soon as they are available so this doesn't really work for me.

I've switched to binsearch.info's RSS feeds with filters applied. Those seem to work better, although some releases don't match for some reason, and the DIR names are like 012933947 and not the release name. I guess this is because of the name of the file that gets sent from binsearch, but it would be great to have an option of using the post title or the filename as the release name...