Need help! Please.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bbear

Need help! Please.

Post by bbear »

I was downloading a file off sabnzbd, and for some reason things started acting weird, so I deleted the listing of the file in nzb and re-added it, but now it's trying to download the entire file again (it's a 6Gb file) I only had 45 megs left of the original download & it's still in my incomplete folder. This was my first time using the program & i had it in my head that if I re-added the .nzb it would automatically check for the files I needed instead of trying to download the entire thing again.

is there anyway I can start it from where it had originally left off? or do I have to re-downloaded the entire thing?
switch

Re: Need help! Please.

Post by switch »

Each nzb is a treated as a separate job, this is because nzb's can have the same filename, but different contents, so if we lumped them together in the same folder there owuld be problems. There is also the issue of incomplete files on usenet, just because a file is present it doesn't mean it is complete, the user could have re-added the nzb to download using a different usenet server. Generally there is no need to re-add the same nzb.

You can however do this: Expand the contents of the nzb (the + link on the queue page under the default theme) and delete all the files you have already downloaded. Then open your incomplete folder, and cut and paste the downloaded files into the new folder.