Newzbin RSS Query

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
drhhitman

Newzbin RSS Query

Post by drhhitman »

Hi,

This may sound like a bit of a weird question.

But I was wondering how people are using newzbin to search for their tv shows.  Currently i am downloading a lot of different shows, and have tried using newzbin to search for multiple shows under 3 different  saved searches by using the "OR" in between search queries.  roughly 3 covers all the shows i get because of the 255 character limit.  Sometimes... newzbin will miss certain shows listed in the query, but if i move it from say tvshows01 to tvshows03 which has a bit of search "text" capacity left it will then work.

Ultimately i would like to see something similar to the way foecher has set up his tvnzb rss search used in newzbin..... but obviously i doubt it will happen.  I would like to stick with newzbin instead of tvnzb/foecher simply because the "tv sorting" within sab will actually give the episode a title "instead of just "??? - 2x01.avi" it would have the actual episode name after the 2x01.

Possibly i am doing something wrong here but would atleast like some indication of what other ppl are using.

Thanks
drhhitman
Eejit

Re: Newzbin RSS Query

Post by Eejit »

drhhitman wrote: I was wondering how people are using newzbin to search for their tv shows.
I don't ;)
I use that brilliant SABnzbd Add-on, Episode Butler
An episode tracker that monitors tvrage listings and can add new titles directly to sabnzbd from Newzbin. Access is provided via a web-ui like sabnzbd.

I love it!
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
drhhitman

Post by drhhitman »

I am trying to use episode butler now, but for some reason it is trying to get the NZB from TVrage instead of newzbin.  I have put all the relevent info into the properties file and left
"newzbin.host          = www.newzbin.com"

as is.  Could someone point me in the right direction
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

Epidode Butler uses TVrage to find out when the next episode of your tv program is due to be aired.
It then queries your newzbin account to find that show. If you set the following in the Configuration.Properties, then EB will give just the Newzbin report ID to SAB and SAB will download then NZB from Newbin.  This allows full use of the TV sorting to take place within SAB.  It's Great  ;D

Code: Select all

#####################################################################
#                       Sabnzbd configuration                       # 
#####################################################################
#
# Episode Butler can connect directly to Sabnzbd and supply 
# it with to be downloaded episodes. 
sabnzbd               = on  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Set this
sabnzbd.host          = 192.168.0.180   |
sabnzbd.port          = 8080                 |
sabnzbd.rootDir       = sabnzbd           ><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Fill in your details
sabnzbd.username      = ******         |
sabnzbd.password      = ******          |
# Set useReportId to yes to only send the reportId to sabnzbd. This
# way all the 'move downloaded files based on category'-stuff works
# in sabnzbd. When set to no, Episode Butler will download the NZB
# files and submit them to sabnzbd.
sabnzbd.useReportId   = yes  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Set this
# Activeness is how much sabnzbd should do:
# 0 : just download
# 1 : Also try to repair
# 2 : Also try to unpack
# 3 : Also try to delete rar files
# 4 : As 1 but with script execute (sabnzbdplus only!)
# 5 : As 2 but with script execute (sabnzbdplus only!)
# 6 : As 3 but with script execute (sabnzbdplus only!)
sabnzbd.activeness    = 3
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

I use NZB-TV works perfect
pin0chet

Post by pin0chet »

I've been using NZB-TV for some time now as well, but it has recently stopped working. So the last couple of days I have been using Episode Butler as well, seems to do the job all right, although it is nowhere near as good as NZB-TV was when it was working properly.
MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by MageMinds »

I use http://tvbinz.net a free reliable solution, I never missed an episode with that, I have more than 40 filter in SABnzbd for that feed. The difference with this one is that it's all automatic, it doesn't rely on the fact the some user have to upload the nzb to the server, they monitor the Usenet and add nzb automatically, you receive the show faster that way. Read the help you can delay the posts so your usenet server may have the chance to catch up in case it's not as fast as those premium Usenet server out there.

Here are an example of one of my filter... (re:^The.Big.Bang.Theory.*720p.*) I use regular expression, I find it more reliable and I only want to download 720p so...

I said I never missed an episode in fact I did missed some only to find that SABnzbd had crashed in the night, thanks to Windows.

tvnzb.com is good, but sometimes they miss some nzb because they need someone to upload the nzb to the server and not everybody is interested in the 720p releases... I had to constantly check if I had everything, now I only have to do a quick check with a 99% success rate.

MageMinds