Handle NZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Handle NZB

Post by Hmail »

You have the old version, which doesn't support the API key. Remove this one, and install the one found in the topic start. It should have "Handle NZB 0.4.9" in the titlebar.
semel

Post by semel »

Actually it was the last version i downloaded.
Titled Handle NZB 0.4.9
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

That's weird. It should contain the Handle NZB 0.4.9 executable. Did you remove the old version?
If yes, remove it again, and check if the executable still exits in Program Files\Handle NZB. Remove it, and install the new version. It should use the newest version. You can see immediately on the first run that it's the newest version. It's a bit bigger and contains the text "Handle NZB 0.4.9" in the titlebar.

Are there other people with this issue?
pepzi

Post by pepzi »

I have the same problem. Haven't had HandleNZB installed earlier. Downloaded http://www.codeblog.nl/download/HandleNZB-0.4.9.exe, but it doesn't say Handle NZB 0.4.9 in the titlebar. Also tried overwriting the exe in installation folder with http://www.codeblog.nl/download/handle_nzb.exe. Still doesn't look like I have 0.4.9. There is no API configuration, and the titlebar just says Handle NZB.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Well, it looks like the build of the installer went the wrong way. I'm looking into it.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Done. It should work now. Somehow the build of the installer cached some settings, so it didn't include this executable, but the previous one. You can download it here: http://www.codeblog.nl/download/HandleNZB-0.4.9.exe (note: This is the same name, so if requested: Overwrite the previous installer with this file).
Remove the other one, and the new one should appear under: C:\Program Files\HandleNZB 0.4.9\.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and hope this one will work better.
semel

Post by semel »

Thank you. Now it works like a charm
pepzi

Post by pepzi »

Hmail wrote: Done. It should work now. Somehow the build of the installer cached some settings, so it didn't include this executable, but the previous one. You can download it here: http://www.codeblog.nl/download/HandleNZB-0.4.9.exe (note: This is the same name, so if requested: Overwrite the previous installer with this file).
Remove the other one, and the new one should appear under: C:\Program Files\HandleNZB 0.4.9\.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and hope this one will work better.
Thanks, it's working not! :) I tried it yesterday right after you made that post. I've must have downloaded it before you had uploaded the new version to the page or something... Nevermind, it works like a charm like semel said. Great job Hmail, love this application!

Just out of curiousity, is this app made in C#?
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Hmm, I thought I uploaded everything before I made that post. Anyway, it works, I'm happy you like it :)
It's probably not necessary anymore when SABnzbd 0.5.0 comes out, as far as I've seen from the trunk version, it has everything my app has.

And yes, it's completely made in C#, if you want or need, you can have the source.
Kiekeboe100

Post by Kiekeboe100 »

Hi

I'm trying this on Windows 7 RC, and it's "working" :)

There is a problem with UAC, as your program isn't allowed to change it's configuration file.
I had to change it manually by editing handle_nzb.exe.config.
After editing the config your program is working, but after uploading a nzb there is still a access denies error (for sdbl-sqg.tmp and handle_nzb.exe.Config).

Also, if you would allow your program to be run without a nzb file calling it (but only showing the configuration options or something like that), it would be possible to open as administrator and change the settings from there.

edit:
another remark. Maybe select "Open with SABnzbd+" by default? Or remember the last selected options?
Last edited by Kiekeboe100 on July 5th, 2009, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

lol, well, first of all: Try disabling UAC. Second: Windows 7 is, as you said, currently in RC. I'm not going to change the application completely, to find out I have to change it again when it is in final status. Vista is the currently supported OS, it should work with UAC, but if it doesn't, well, just disable it. UAC is crap anyway. If you don't trust yourself with your system, dont use it.

Your second point is something I realized a while ago, and I'm doubting if it's really necessary. You only use the tool to pass NZB's, and you can change the config from there. You probably never change the config again.
You can work around this by creating a dummy file with nzb extension.

The application stores which option you selected the last time.. in the config file :)
Kiekeboe100

Post by Kiekeboe100 »

Hmail wrote: lol, well, first of all: Try disabling UAC. Second: Windows 7 is, as you said, currently in RC. I'm not going to change the application completely, to find out I have to change it again when it is in final status. Vista is the currently supported OS, it should work with UAC, but if it doesn't, well, just disable it. UAC is crap anyway. If you don't trust yourself with your system, dont use it.

Your second point is something I realized a while ago, and I'm doubting if it's really necessary. You only use the tool to pass NZB's, and you can change the config from there. You probably never change the config again.
You can work around this by creating a dummy file with nzb extension.

The application stores which option you selected the last time.. in the config file :)
Whether you like or dislike UAC is personal. In Windows 7 it has changed a lot, and it's a lot less annoying.

The 2nd is indeed not really necessary. But would have helped to configure it in my case.

I managed to set sab as default, so that's "fixed" also.

I do hope that whenever Windows 7 comes out of RC you will develop a working version for it.
kulprit
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kulprit »

Hey Hmail, anyway you could update this to work with the 0.5 alpha builds. It is a great little program and i can't find anything else that does the same group, especially allowing me to pick the category. Thanks for all the hard work.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Just an update to show I'm still alive and coding ;)
I already talked to kulprit on PM, I'm trying to get a beta version out which does communicate with SABnzbd 0.5 alpha. I'll try to reproduce the Windows 7 problems as described above as well, and figure out a way to get things working over there.
However, a lot of the features which are currently in my application are already available in 0.5. (Like renaming, changing category, etc).
So I need to figure out which features are necessary to include. Maybe any ideas over here?

Notice: Somehow I don't get updates by email from this topic, and I am not refreshing this topic the whole time, so to be sure I read your message, please leave a PM. Thanks!
Last edited by Hmail on October 8th, 2009, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmail
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Hmail »

Okay, I uploaded a new executable for the people using the alpha/beta versions for 0.5. Basically nothing changed, I removed some version checking, nothing special, but this should work with 0.5.
You can install it by downloading the executable here. Replace the original executable in your Program Files folder with this one.
Remember: It works now, with r2824 checked out from SVN, but any newer version of SABnzbd may be incompatible. Just leave me a note if it doesn't work anymore, I try to keep track of the SABnzbd development, but I also have other things, so I might miss a release :)