Getting Sabnzbd UI to listen on all / multiple interfaces?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
haywire
Release Testers
Release Testers

Getting Sabnzbd UI to listen on all / multiple interfaces?

Post by haywire »

As I understand, the default, localhost, only listens on loopback. I have several interfaces - my loopback, hamachi's interface, and my standard lan interface (which has its own domain name accessible via dyndns). I've tried changing the listen to 0.0.0.0 but it doesn't seem to work :(

Any ideas?
:|
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Getting Sabnzbd UI to listen on all / multiple interfaces?

Post by sander »

haywire wrote: As I understand, the default, localhost, only listens on loopback. I have several interfaces - my loopback, hamachi's interface, and my standard lan interface (which has its own domain name accessible via dyndns). I've tried changing the listen to 0.0.0.0 but it doesn't seem to work :(
Have you restarted SABnzbd after changing the Host to 0.0.0.0?

Which URL have you used to access SABnzbd on the LAN-interface?
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
haywire
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by haywire »

It was bound to 127.0.0.1. When restart after binding to 0.0.0.0, it will only open up if I connect to it with http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd and not from remote hosts. :(
switch

Post by switch »

What OS are you? Vista?

The current version of our webserver that we use (cherrypy) has strange handling of 0.0.0.0

Although 0.0.0.0 denotes that it should listen on all ipv4 addresses (127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.x), in some cases (vista) it actually just listens on just ipv6 addresses (localhost, PCName). What interface is used when you leave a blank host (will auto find your localip) or specify the local ip address.
DToX69

Post by DToX69 »

I have the same problem sorta. not trying to thread jack just wanna see if theres an answer but I have two modems connected via two NICs each one has it's own wan IP. sometimes when i launch sabnzbd it will use one ip and i have a dyndns setup for it so i can access it from other places but sometimes when it boots it grabs the other interface so a different IP. I could tell it to use one specific IP but the problem is the IP isnt static so sometimes it changes :( anyway we could make it so it would use a specific adapter or go by the NIC MAC address... i'm just throwing out ideas, but if it's not gonna happen ill just work around it i guess
haywire
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by haywire »

switch wrote: What OS are you? Vista?

The current version of our webserver that we use (cherrypy) has strange handling of 0.0.0.0

Although 0.0.0.0 denotes that it should listen on all ipv4 addresses (127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.x), in some cases (vista) it actually just listens on just ipv6 addresses (localhost, PCName). What interface is used when you leave a blank host (will auto find your localip) or specify the local ip address.
Yeah that sounds like the issue.

Is there a workaround?

It defaults to localhost.

Also, it doesn't seem to want to listen externally even if I specify an address to listen on (for instance my Hamachi IP).
Last edited by haywire on February 17th, 2009, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tijlbert
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Tijlbert »

Hello,

I've had this problem and solved it by editing the hosts file and adding a line such as:

yourlocalip somenicename.local (e.g. 192.168.1.193 freenas.local)

The Hosts file is in your windows folder (c:\windows\system32\drivers)

(for linux users this is in the /etc/ dir)

Good luck, Tijlbert
haywire
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by haywire »

What exactly would I do if I have 2 interfaces - I have a Hamachi IP which is 5.76.226.129 and a local static IP given to my MAC by my router which is 10.0.0.10 also, I have a dyndns hostname deliciouspork.ath.cx which points to whatever address this is (it is different at university and assigned by dhcp). I want to be able to be able to access Sabnzbd inside my LAN (on the 10.0.0.1 interface and via the deliciouspork.ath.cx hostname) and over hamachi (using the 5.76.226.129) interface.

What do I do.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Do you need access to SABnzbd from another PC to your system running SABnzbd?
If you only use it locally, you can use "localhost".

The web-platform that we use, does not support multiple external interfaces.
The alternative would be to have an Apache front, but this is quite complicated.
Apache is capable of handling multiple external interfaces.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

haywire wrote: What exactly would I do if I have 2 interfaces - I have a Hamachi IP which is 5.76.226.129 and a local static IP given to my MAC by my router which is 10.0.0.10 also, I have a dyndns hostname deliciouspork.ath.cx which points to whatever address this is (it is different at university and assigned by dhcp). I want to be able to be able to access Sabnzbd inside my LAN (on the 10.0.0.1 interface and via the deliciouspork.ath.cx hostname) and over hamachi (using the 5.76.226.129) interface.

What do I do.
Maybe I don't understand, but I would say: fill out "0.0.0.0" in host or hostname. SAB will then listen on all interfaces (AFAIK). As long as you can reach your machine, you can reach SAB.
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

sander wrote: Maybe I don't understand, but I would say: fill out "0.0.0.0" in host or hostname. SAB will then listen on all interfaces (AFAIK). As long as you can reach your machine, you can reach SAB.
I'm afraid I don't understand 0.0.0.0 very well myself  ;D
As I have no systems with multiple network interfaces, I have never tested it myself.

But you are probably right.

There may be one complication.
If the Hamachi interface is not active when SABnzbd is started, I'm not sure it will see that interface.