[Abandoned] Media Processing + XBMC updater

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [Windows] Media Processing + XBMC updater

Post by bnevets27 »

I don't think this is a bug but when it finds a show that doesn't have a tvshow.nfo file yet a dialog box pops up named test with the name of the show vs a number. Like:

Heroes vs 79501

OK

(I assume that the number is tvdb ID)

Click, OK and then get another dialog:

Heroes vs Heroes

OK

I think I see what you were doing, its good to see if its grabbing the right show, but won't proceed without clicking OK. So kills the automation.  If you could make this switchable, off or on, in the config file that would be great. Also could you add a little more info to the dialog. If you want to make this more helpful you could return the top say 5 results from the tvdb and allow the correct one to be selected. You could also add a "custom" box that would allow you to write your own name to be put into the .nfo file (formatted correctly for xbmc). Though I'm not sure how useful the last option would be as it still wouldn't find the info off tvdb. This isn't really that nessisary but would be good for when new show are added. 

I have only used this for a day or so and it looks good so far. I would love for you to keep up development of this. I'm sure in time the interest will grow. It could, with some work become THE post processing script. There isn't one that does everything yet.

More features if you want to add them in could be:

Movie Processing
  - Clean name of folder with the use of regex
  - Make sure video file is under first folder so that the video file is renamed according to the folder correctly (not sure if SABnzbd 0.5 is doing something with this)
  - Combine 2CD movies
  - Rename video file to folder name
  - Scrap imdb and create a .nfo (for xbmc)
  - Rename downloaded .nfo to .info before the above is done
  - Make sure all files are named the same, video file, .nfo, .info

For population of the .nfo for xbmc to read you could try to look though the downloaded .nfo, they offten have the imdb link in there. This might be hard to get through all the garbage.

I'm sure you have taken a look at this but here's a link to how xbmc handles nfo files.
http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Import_-_Ex ... ing_an_URL

I do know some of these things have been written already. I know that its possible to combine these scripts into one. Maybe with their permission you can use their code. But if everything was in one it will be a lot easier to manage and the way you have it written so far is very easy to set up. Making it easier will defiantly get more peoples interested.

These are only suggestion on what you could do if you feel compelled to do so. I personally would be very happy if you continued with this and I am grateful for what you have done so far.
tret

Post by tret »

Oops, yeah those are a couple of dialog boxes I was using to verify that the script was doing what I expected (debugging)

I'll remove those boxes, they shouldn't be there. Thanks for the heads up!

I am absolutely planning to continue developing and I will likely be adding features, thanks for your interest! I'll post the fixed version ASAP.

tret
tret

Post by tret »

Ok, fixed version is up (link is on the first post)

That message box that I was using for debugging is gone so that should fix the automation issue. thanks for the feedback :)

tret
tbird2340

Post by tbird2340 »

I recently upgraded to the latest version of XBMC and the script has stopped updating my library..

In the latest version of XBMC (and from now on)..
As of r17948, special://home/ is now mapped to the XBMC folder inside the roaming folder (Vista) or inside the App data folder (XP).

Scripts, plugins and skins should be installed to the appropriate directories under that folder from now on.

Installers will need rewriting if you wish to include scripts + plugins, as these currently will not display where they are. You'll need to copy them across.

I'll update the manual accordingly now.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Could that be the reason?

Thanks
tret

Post by tret »

tbird2340 wrote: I recently upgraded to the latest version of XBMC and the script has stopped updating my library..

In the latest version of XBMC (and from now on)..
As of r17948, special://home/ is now mapped to the XBMC folder inside the roaming folder (Vista) or inside the App data folder (XP).

Scripts, plugins and skins should be installed to the appropriate directories under that folder from now on.

Installers will need rewriting if you wish to include scripts + plugins, as these currently will not display where they are. You'll need to copy them across.

I'll update the manual accordingly now.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Could that be the reason?

Thanks
Hey Jonathan, I'm not sure actually but I will definitely look into it. I am running xbmc on a linux box so I wonder if these changes are present in the linux version as well. I'll let you know what I find.

tret
tbird2340

Post by tbird2340 »

Thanks! (oh, and I'm not Jonathan.. That was a cut / paste from the XBMC Windows release thread. :D)
drbyte09

Post by drbyte09 »

Hello tret,

I'am also playing with the Media Processing script, but i don't seem to get it working.  :'(
To make this script work, do you need to activate the option "Enable TV Sorting" in SabNZBd?
Can you also check what the script is doing by starting up the media_process.exe ?
I don't have an xbox,  how do you disable the XMBC ip adres option?

Thanks in advance  ;)
Last edited by drbyte09 on March 1st, 2009, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tret

Post by tret »

tbird2340 wrote: Thanks! (oh, and I'm not Jonathan.. That was a cut / paste from the XBMC Windows release thread. :D)
Haha, funny stuff. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue. The XBMC library update is done via a web request so a change in xbmc's path structure shouldn't cause any problems. Have you double checked the web server in XBMC to verify that it is enabled?

tret
tret

Post by tret »

drbyte09 wrote: Hello tret,

I'am also playing with the Media Processing script, but i don't seem to get it working.  :'(
To make this script work, do you need to activate the option "Enable TV Sorting" in SabNZBd?
Can you also check what the script is doing by starting up the media_process.exe ?
I don't have an xbox,  how do you disable the XMBC ip adres option?

Thanks in advance  ;)
Hi drbyte,

I have redone the first post in this thread to better detail the proper usage of this script. Please take a look and let me know if that helps or if you still have some questions.

tret
drbyte09

Post by drbyte09 »

I followed the new tutorial, it's working now. (tried it with a dvd-download)
Few questions left, what are the processing capabilities of this program ??
Is it possible to share the source, so that we can have a closer look at it, i am asking this because i also want
to learn programming in autoit.

Thanks in advance.  ;D
Last edited by drbyte09 on March 2nd, 2009, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tret

Post by tret »

drbyte09 wrote: I followed the new tutorial, it's working now. (tried it with a dvd-download)
Few questions left, what are the processing capabilities of this program ??
Is it possible to share the source, so that we can have a closer look at it, i am asking this because i also want
to learn programming in autoit.

Thanks in advance.  ;D
Hi drbyte,

Glad to hear that it is working now. I really didn't have a very good instruction set before so I can see how it might have been difficult to get up and running. I have no problem sharing the source. I'll get that uploaded so you can have a look.

What do you mean by processing capabilities?

Thanks,
tret
drbyte09

Post by drbyte09 »

With processing capabilities i mean for example converting video_ts to a iso file,
.flac files converting to mp3, .wav files to mp3 and so on.

Grtz,
drbyte
tbird2340

Post by tbird2340 »

tret wrote:
tbird2340 wrote: Thanks! (oh, and I'm not Jonathan.. That was a cut / paste from the XBMC Windows release thread. :D)
Haha, funny stuff. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue. The XBMC library update is done via a web request so a change in xbmc's path structure shouldn't cause any problems. Have you double checked the web server in XBMC to verify that it is enabled?

tret
Yes, the webserver is enabled.. Still not working for me :(
tret

Post by tret »

tbird2340 wrote: Yes, the webserver is enabled.. Still not working for me :(
If you open a web browser and try to access this URL on a computer on the same network as your XBMC box, does XBMC do a library update?

be sure to change xbmcaddress to your xbmc web server IP and port.... like this - 192.168.1.5:8080

Code: Select all

http://xbmcaddress/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)
tret
tbird2340

Post by tbird2340 »

It does give me a "OK" response when I go to that page so I don't know what's up...

A TV ep I just downloaded did not get added but it also doesn't get added when I do a manual library update.. I have no idea why as it's got an nfo and it's naming scheme is fine.. Ever see this?

Thanks