[REQ] Move downloads to certain directories based on type, different root dir

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
telix

[REQ] Move downloads to certain directories based on type, different root dir

Post by telix »

Obviously SABNZBD already sorts files by type, but only within the set destination directory for completed downloads. For my uses, however, I keep things like TV and Movies in F:\Video\Movies and F:\Video\TV. Ideally my Movies and TV end up in these directories, to be picked up by MyMovies and MyTV when I start them in Media Center. However, I don't want all my Usenet downloads to use F:\Video as a root directory, since F:\Video\Apps isn't exactly how I want to store that stuff.

Does a script exist to move files to different location based on their type (TV, Movie, XXX, etc)? If not, this should be fairly straightforward to implement, correct? My development chops are weak at best, so I have to make a request thread. Thanks for any replies.

Edit: I just realized paths in the settings are not necessarily relative, are they.... I'm testing now. Sorry if this thread was useless, I will update with my findings.
Last edited by telix on March 3rd, 2009, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [REQ] Move downloads to certain directories based on type, different root dir

Post by markus101 »

Correct they don't have to be relative, but by default they are.

Another option is to write a script that uses %5 (Category that SABnzbd uses) and match it against TV or Movies and then move based on that Category.

Hopefully the SAB settings will be enough to get you by.

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
tret

Re: [REQ] Move downloads to certain directories based on type, different root dir

Post by tret »

telix wrote: Obviously SABNZBD already sorts files by type, but only within the set destination directory for completed downloads. For my uses, however, I keep things like TV and Movies in F:\Video\Movies and F:\Video\TV. Ideally my Movies and TV end up in these directories, to be picked up by MyMovies and MyTV when I start them in Media Center. However, I don't want all my Usenet downloads to use F:\Video as a root directory, since F:\Video\Apps isn't exactly how I want to store that stuff.

Does a script exist to move files to different location based on their type (TV, Movie, XXX, etc)? If not, this should be fairly straightforward to implement, correct? My development chops are weak at best, so I have to make a request thread. Thanks for any replies.

Edit: I just realized paths in the settings are not necessarily relative, are they.... I'm testing now. Sorry if this thread was useless, I will update with my findings.
Hi Telix,

Take a look at my media_process scripts. It seems like what you are attempting to do is pretty much what I have designed these scripts to do. The first post in the threads details the features available.

Windows Version - http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1750.0
Linux Version - http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1847.0