Few questions.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jdraughn

Few questions.

Post by jdraughn »

I played with sabnzbdb a looong time ago and recently rediscovered it. It's much better now but I have a few questions. I have been browsing the forums but have not really seen any of my questions answered, so here goes.

1. Is there a place (wiki, forum, ???) where people have posted search strings for their favorite tv shows? Sometimes it can be hard to create a search that will only pick up what you want it to pick up.

2. I would also be curious if there is a way to somehow parse out bad versions. Possibly see if there are any comments on newzbin, and if so search for certain keywords like "missing" or "nuked". Sometimes the same thing will be posted 3x and two of the three will be bad.

3. Is there an easy way to clean up your tv directorys? I did the basic ".nzb, .sfv" ect.. and would like the nfo to be gone too, but don't want the nfo gone if it's a other kind of download, just if it's a media file. I would also like to get rid of the samples... Not sure the best way to go about these things, some kind of post processing script?

4. Not really related, but I have recently really been trying to keep my electric bill down. Does anyone know a way to make a computer power waaay down, but then power up on some kind of timer? It' can't power itself up if it's turned off. I have recently started teaching myself electronics and I believe it would be relatively trivial to make a timer device that plugs into your network card and uses the wake on lan feature to turn the pc on.

My last electric bill was under 20.00, but now that I have discovered this application I know im going to start utlizing my media center and 42" 1080P monitor all the time, and my media center is a q6600. It used to be my main PC but lately I have just used my notebook as my main pc so I made my old desktop into my media center.

I have a few more questions but cannot think off hand what they are. I will keep reading up and searching.

I wish newzbin supported regular expressions in their saved search strings.
Eejit

Re: Few questions.

Post by Eejit »

jdraughn wrote: 4. Not really related, but I have recently really been trying to keep my electric bill down. Does anyone know a way to make a computer power waaay down, but then power up on some kind of timer? It' can't power itself up if it's turned off. I have recently started teaching myself electronics and I believe it would be relatively trivial to make a timer device that plugs into your network card and uses the wake on lan feature to turn the pc on.
A lot of motherboards and BIOS's have a Wake On Alarm setting that will boot your PC up at a set time each day or so. I use this to make sure my PC comes on at 03:15 every morning. This is very simular to your WOL idea, but requires no extra circuitry, just a setting in the BIOS.

Hope this helps
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
barrierfreeman
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by barrierfreeman »

jdraughn wrote:

2. I would also be curious if there is a way to somehow parse out bad versions. Possibly see if there are any comments on newzbin, and if so search for certain keywords like "missing" or "nuked". Sometimes the same thing will be posted 3x and two of the three will be bad.

3. I would also like to get rid of the samples... Not sure the best way to go about these things, some kind of post processing script?

2. Just create a reject string in your RSS config in the appropriate feed for 'nuked' etc.

3. There is already an option to do this in the switches config.
Last edited by barrierfreeman on April 8th, 2009, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

1.)
http://mytvnzb.foechoer.be/
For all your tv rss feed needs :D

I only have 2 feeds for 15 shows or so
One for x264 stuff and one for normal xvid stuff
Extremely useful  :D
BennyHogan

Post by BennyHogan »

huleboeren wrote: 1.)
http://mytvnzb.foechoer.be/
For all your tv rss feed needs :D

I only have 2 feeds for 15 shows or so
One for x264 stuff and one for normal xvid stuff
Extremely useful  :D
Thanks for that link......just what I was looking for to dl my TV shows, curious what you use to get movies???
jdraughn

Post by jdraughn »

Yep, thanks for all the info guys, it kind of made some things go "click" in my head and it helps me quite to get going the way I want. My bios DOES have the turn on automatically on a timer. Now I need to figure out how to make it come on when I hit the power button my remote :) Thanks again
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

jdraughn wrote: 4. Not really related, but I have recently really been trying to keep my electric bill down. Does anyone know a way to make a computer power waaay down, but then power up on some kind of timer? It' can't power itself up if it's turned off. I have recently started teaching myself electronics and I believe it would be relatively trivial to make a timer device that plugs into your network card and uses the wake on lan feature to turn the pc on.
The thing i do to keep the power consumption from my pc low is I use standby mode every time i go to the bathroom or watch TV or something. putting the pc in standby mode gives you the advantage that when you turn on the pc again, everything is back as it was when you put it in standby and has a startup mode under 5 seconds and because it boots the pc so fast you can use it very often (even when going to the bathroom). standby will use some power but in my case it's only 2 watt. (hibernate mode will use no power). On top of that I use a program called autoshutdown and set it when idle for longer then 5 minutes = standby mode