newzbin authentication failing on python script

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
binhex

newzbin authentication failing on python script

Post by binhex »

hi guys, i wonder if anybody has successfully created a script that can download the nzb's directly from a rss feed generated from newzbin.com?, the issue i have is that my script can successfully read the rss feed but when it tries to actually download the nzb (using the link specified in the feed) then all it seems to do is download the login page, i think this is linked to the fact newzbin uses cookies to authenticate, so my question is does anybody have a working script that will either pass the cookie or is there another way of doing it?, preferably with a script example would be ace! :-)

cheers,
binhex.
switch

Re: newzbin authentication failing on python script

Post by switch »

If you are wanting to grab the nzb, use their provided API.

See here for more details.
Or see _grabnzb here for an example of how SABnzbd does it in python.

Can you not just pass the url to sabnzbd and let it handle with the downloading of it?
binhex

Re: newzbin authentication failing on python script

Post by binhex »

switch wrote: If you are wanting to grab the nzb, use their provided API.

See here for more details.
Or see _grabnzb here for an example of how SABnzbd does it in python.

Can you not just pass the url to sabnzbd and let it handle with the downloading of it?
hi switch, quick message to say many thanks for the link to the source code of the python newzbin grabber that helped no end!!, ive now got my script working a treat :-).

in answer to your question regards why im not just using sab to do the hard work, its basically because sabnzbd may not be running all the time on my machine and thus the script would fail, so thought it best to just write the nzb directly to my watched folder and then have sabnzbd load them when it next runs.

in any case, many many thanks for your post :-).

binhex.

p.s how's version 0.5 coming along?