Thankyou for SABnzbd

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
blau2009

Thankyou for SABnzbd

Post by blau2009 »

Just had to register to express my appreciation for SABnzbd. I am running a home server with Ubuntu Server and was using hellanzb with the hellahella web interface. It was far more difficult to get setup and the web interface is very basic compared to sabnzbd. I also had to create a permissions script and set it to call it after every download to get the permissions correct. Needless to say, this was taken care of in sabnzbd.

I changed because after upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04, I found that hellanzb no longer worked due to a change in the python versions. I could have got it working but found a link to sabnzbd and went from there.

When I was setting it up and configuring, every page I looked at made me "wow". Truly everything I wanted in a NNTP client was there. Brilliant. Also I'm using the nzbdstatus Firefox plugin, which is excellent because from newzbin I can just click to enqueue the files, then I can see the progress as I'm doing other things. Previously I had to download the nzb file and move it to the queue directory or remember the post number and type it in hellahella. There is a bookmarklet for autoenqueue in hellahella, but it doesn't work as well as nzbdstatus.

Again, I congratulate and thank you for this excellent software. Along with sabnzbdstatus, this truly shows the potential of open source software to design a feature set that completely meets the needs of the user. You can tell this is usenet software made by usenet enthusiasts. :)

Bravo!

PS I realise this might not be the place for such a post and it may have been better to email a thankyou, but I wanted to publicly state my appreciation. Mods, feel free to move/lock as you see fit.
switch

Re: Thankyou for SABnzbd

Post by switch »

We always appreciate threads like these, thanks for the kind words!
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

I am printing this out and putting it on my wall.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

blau2009 wrote: Brilliant. Also I'm using the nzbdstatus Firefox plugin, which is excellent because from newzbin I can just click to enqueue the files, then I can see the progress as I'm doing other things. Previously I had to download the nzb file and move it to the queue directory or remember the post number and type it in hellahella. There is a bookmarklet for autoenqueue in hellahella, but it doesn't work as well as nzbdstatus.
I totally agree, also on the nzbdstatus firefox plugin. The plugin is so great and makes the SAB setup so complete, that I would think SABnzbd's web-gui should offer the plugin itself, or a link to the plugin page (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7617).

@devs: what do you think about this?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
janneke

Post by janneke »

Who knows what SAB means in SABnzbd??
switch

Post by switch »

janneke wrote: Who knows what SAB means in SABnzbd??
See http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1095.msg6264
Foxfire

Post by Foxfire »

I'd like to express my gratitude as well, you've made a fantastic piece of software. Thanks!
jkristoph

Post by jkristoph »

Agreed, this is a wonderful piece of software that blows everything else away, great job!
moozbin

Post by moozbin »

Wanted to shout out my thanks too, might as well do it here instead of using more server space for another thread. I still don't see how you would do it the old school way with headers and all after doing it this way.
js0n3

Post by js0n3 »

Ya, very good.
isotoxin

Post by isotoxin »

I too would like to express my appreciation for this amazing tool.  Thanks for providing us with such a superb application.  It works brilliantly on my FreeNAS intel atom server.  Looking forward to the new version.  :)
Technobob

Post by Technobob »

As a Mac user I'm frustrated by the limited options for nzb software but not anymore and the integration of Newzbin killer. Thanks for this wonderful and awesome program. 
doubledrat
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by doubledrat »

me too.  as a (rather amateur) programmer, I know how much effort something like this takes to write, so again thanks again to the team for putting in all their efforts to make this the best NZB downloader out there (free or otherwise).