Disk Error

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
syth

Disk Error

Post by syth »

Yesterday I got a bunch of errors in a row where sabnzbd downloaded nzb files (nt sure where it downloaded them to, but it spent the time and the bandwidth to dl) and logged consecutive errors like this:

Code: Select all

2009-05-13 23:39:27,153::ERROR::[assembler] Disk error on creating file /Volumes/Cerebus/usenet/incomplete/CSI- NY - 5x24 - Grounds For Deception.199/csi.new.york.524.720p-dimension.r21
2009-05-13 23:39:29,414::ERROR::[assembler] Disk error on creating file /Volumes/Cerebus/usenet/incomplete/Deadliest Catch - 5x05 - Long Haul, Short Fuses.199/aaf-dc.s05e05.720p.nfo
2009-05-13 23:39:29,593::ERROR::[assembler] Disk error on creating file /Volumes/Cerebus/usenet/incomplete/Deadliest Catch - 5x05 - Long Haul, Short Fuses.199/aaf-dc.s05e05.720p.par2
The thing is, I verified the disk without issue and a simple restart of sabnzbd fixed the error, so I really don't think it was the disk.

(running on OS X 10.5.7)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Disk Error

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd just reports what it gets back from OSX.
Most likely some (temporary?) disk problem. Near full?
syth

Re: Disk Error

Post by syth »

shypike wrote: SABnzbd just reports what it gets back from OSX.
Most likely some (temporary?) disk problem. Near full?
Nope, disk have over 200GB free. When this happens, the only way to fix it is to restart sabnzbd. I can manually copy files to the disk, I can manually unpack the rar files it's downloaded, but the only way sabnzbd stops posting the errors is to quit it and restart it.  However, it has not happened so far of .10 or .11