Web UI Login

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
max0r4axor

Web UI Login

Post by max0r4axor »

I've been able to use Chrome on Android to login to sabnzbd until this latest release. I put in my user name and password the screen refreshes then I'm prompted with the login screen again. The Problem only exists with Chrome on Android but it works fine with Firefox for Android.

nvm I figured it out. I had to change http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/config/general/ External internet access = Full Web Interface
MarkerB

Re: Web UI Login

Post by MarkerB »

nvm I figured it out. I had to change http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/config/general/ External internet access = Full Web Interface
I have the same problem, and your workaround doesn't work for me. I can log into sabnzbd locally fine with Android Chrome. However, when I'm remotely accessing it (through NAT with the config: External internet access = Full Web Interface), the login works, the UI loads, but just when the loading is about to finish, the login page pops up again. Also, Chrome never asks to save the password.

I prefer the simple HTTP authentication of the past versions. What does HTML-based authentication provide here besides headaches?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Ease of use for password managers.

You can enable the old method again by disabling html_login on Config > Specials page.

Do you use Glitter as interface or Plush?
The authentication is based on a cookie that's linked to your IP.
If you have somehow disabled cookies, it won't work.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
MarkerB

Post by MarkerB »

safihre wrote:Ease of use for password managers.
Hmm... Okay. I thought nothing was easier than old fashioned HTTP authentication; I wonder why a password manager be able to handle it...
safihre wrote:You can enable the old method again by disabling html_login on Config > Specials page.
Thanks. It works! I found it out elsewhere, and came back here to post. Surprise... you had already answered it!

The drawback to this setting is that it seems to force authentication on local logins, even if the option in "General" is set to the contrary. No biggie.
safihre wrote:Do you use Glitter as interface or Plush?
The authentication is based on a cookie that's linked to your IP.
If you have somehow disabled cookies, it won't work.
I use Plush.

I'm a developer, and I've found cookies should never be linked to an IP. That's because IPs from the same user can change for every request (cell connections, old AOL, etc). That may explain my previous problem with logging-in via a smartphone.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed the ip link is possible a bit overprotective, but Sab allows direct access to your PC and the remote execution of scripts. So when people don't use HTTPS (and a lot don't) and their cookies get stolen on a public WiFi, we want to limit the use as much as possible..

Try Glitter, Plush is getting deprecated!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate