Python Cryptography - Not available

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
n03397

Python Cryptography - Not available

Post by n03397 »

After the upgrade to the newest version (HEAD is now at 66abb2d V11.02 for merge) I am getting an unavailable Python Cryptography. I had installed yenc before succesfully.

Parameters: SABnzbd.py -f //share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/Config/sabnzbd.ini --browser 0 --daemon --pid /tmp
Python Version: 2.7.12 (default, Oct 31 2016, 15:57:24) [GCC 5.4.0] [UTF-8]
OpenSSL: OpenSSL 1.0.2f 28 Jan 2016 [TLS v1.2, TLS v1.1, TLS v1]
Python Cryptography: Not available

Can someone help? Is this Python Cryptography the same as yenc or is it something completely different?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Python Cryptography - Not available

Post by safihre »

The name is completely different, so of course it's completely different.
It's not an essential module, only to generate the self signed certificates or check the contents of encrypted Rar files.
You can install it very simply by running
pip install cryptography
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
n03397

Post by n03397 »

safihre wrote:The name is completely different, so of course it's completely different.
It's not an essential module, only to generate the self signed certificates or check the contents of encrypted Rar files.
You can install it very simply by running
pip install cryptography

Thanks safihre but I am getting the following error
warning: build_py: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.

running build_ext
building '_cffi_backend' extension
creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7
creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/c
x86_64-openwrt-linux-gnu-gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-result -DNDEBUG -fno-inline -DNDEBUG -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-result -fPIC -DUSE__THREAD -I/usr/include/ffi -I/usr/include/libffi -I/opt/include/python2.7 -c c/_cffi_backend.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/c/_cffi_backend.o
c/_cffi_backend.c:15:17: fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
error: command 'x86_64-openwrt-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command "/opt/bin/python2.7 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng/tmp/pip-build-iZVb4J/cffi/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /opt/tmp/pip-gfnEXU-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng/tmp/pip-build-iZVb4J/cffi/
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

n03397 wrote: c/_cffi_backend.c:15:17: fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
error: command 'x86_64-openwrt-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
Development headers for the ffi library are missing from your system, add them and retry the pip install command. On Debian/Ubuntu those headers would be in package libffi-dev, but since you seem to be using some kind of nas you'll have to figure that part out yourself.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Did you have SSL support before?
Because that was based on pyOpenSSL which includes the cryptography package. Maybe you can try to install that one?
It's also on the packages:
python-cryptography
python-pyopenssl
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
n03397

Post by n03397 »

safihre wrote:Did you have SSL support before?
Because that was based on pyOpenSSL which includes the cryptography package. Maybe you can try to install that one?
It's also on the packages:
python-cryptography
python-pyopenssl
Thanks. Now the warning is disappeared so I think the two packages did the trick.