Synology - SSL errors in error log? Still running but no access? ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL connection has been clo

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ccfc1986

Synology - SSL errors in error log? Still running but no access? ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL connection has been clo

Post by ccfc1986 »

Hey Guys,

I have a Synology 1812+ and while I realize the built for this is very non-standard I wanted to try to see if anyone here is any thoughts or insights as to the error I am not getting since updated to the latest available version on the Synology through the community build.

The version I am currently on is: 3.1.0 [23f86e9]

The error I see in the sabnzb.error.log file is the following. I can get the app to run for a period of time - but then it seems to throw this and is no longer accessible via the gui or through api calls to download nzb's for example.

Question - how can I post the error - is a paste bin link allowed? Acceptable? Want to make sure I don't break rules on my first ever post!

https://pastebin.pl/view/c4bb7bff

Do you guys have any thoughts on what may be causing this and any hints/helps you could give me - anything and everything would be greatly appreciated. I can grab the full log or any other details that may help. Thanks again.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL? Still running but no access? ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL connection has been cl

Post by sander »

Yes, allowed.

ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL connection has been closed (EOF) (_ssl.c:2408)

My guess: You use Radarr 3.0.0.x, and you have HTTPS turned on on SABnzbd, with self-signed certificate.

Correct?
ccfc1986

Re: Synology - SSL errors in error log? Still running but no access? ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL connection has been

Post by ccfc1986 »

Hi Sander. Thank you SO much for the response.

My apologies for not listing out the apps that are connecting (or trying to) to SAB.

Yes - i have Radar 3.0.0.4204 running.

Yes - SAB is set to use HTTP

As for the cert - yes self signed.

I am assuming i am missing something - probably a need to get a new cert generated?

Thanks again for the help and time!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Synology - SSL errors in error log? Still running but no access? ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL connection has been

Post by sander »

Yes - SAB is set to use HTTP
HTTP? Really? Or do you mean HTTPS?

If HTTPS: Another user found the solution / workaround:

Radarr 3.0.0 in Settings > General > Security -> "Certificate Validation" set to "Disabled for Local Addresses"

HTH
ccfc1986

Post by ccfc1986 »

Worst typo ever. Proof reading isn't my forte.

I AM using HTTPS***

I will give that option a try. Thanks again! Will report back to close the loop. Sorry this isn't a Sab specific problem - more of a config issue on my side. Appreciate the support regardless.

Post by 0210 »

I seem to be having a very similar (same?) problem on this end. Very new to all of these tools, so please bare with me!

Synology DS920+
- SABnzbd 3.1.0-45
- Radarr 3.0.0.4204 (installed version 20200921-11)
- Sonarr 2.0.0.5344 (installed version 20200921-18)

I had everything working well for the last ~2 weeks or so. Today I went to access the web interface of SAB and Chrome can't reach the site.

SAB is running, as are Radarr and Sonarr. I've tried restarting the apps individually, and Synology in whole; no difference. Synology logs don't show anything useful; I'm unsure how to access SAB logs (?).

I've set Certificate Validation to "Disabled for Local Access" as suggested above.

Any tips?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Very new to all of these tools, so please bare with me!
SAB is running, as are Radarr and Sonarr. I've tried restarting the apps individually, and Synology in whole;
If after a restart you can't access SAB, it is a different thing. So better to not join this high-tech thread.

Probably the usual: IP address, port, URL, HTTP/HTTPS, SABnzbd Host. Right now I'm not patient enough to guide someone through that. FWIW SAB 3.2 will have a feature to announce itself to Windows machine ... that will help