ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED - 127.0.0.1 refused to connect [SOLVED].

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
SnakeBite

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED - 127.0.0.1 refused to connect [SOLVED].

Post by SnakeBite »

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 to connect to sabnzbd for years and never had an issue. Now I get the error:

This site can’t be reached 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I checked connection and firewall - everything seems fine.

I'm using Sonarr and tested the connection. Doesn't work either. I get "Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings"

I have to admit that I'm pretty clueless about all of this and not well versed with the terminology here , :-[ - so if you have any recommendations for what I could try, I'd appreciate if you'd specify where to do it with steps involved. Thanks. I hope someone can help.
Last edited by SnakeBite on July 1st, 2021, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED - 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Post by safihre »

Is the SABnzbd icon shown in the tray next to the clock on the taskbard?
If so: double click it.
What address is openend?
If it's not shown there, in your Start menu find "SABnzbd - SafeMode" and start it. It will reset the SABnzbd connection settings.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
SnakeBite

Post by SnakeBite »

Thank you so much - the icon wasn't showing and restarting the connection setting the way you described did the trick!
LittleTyke

Post by LittleTyke »

safihre wrote: July 1st, 2021, 3:13 am Is the SABnzbd icon shown in the tray next to the clock on the taskbard?
If so: double click it.
What address is openend?
If it's not shown there, in your Start menu find "SABnzbd - SafeMode" and start it. It will reset the SABnzbd connection settings.
Installed SABnzbd yesterday on Windows-10 64-bit. Booted up today and got the error "127.0.0.1 refused to connect" as described in this thread. Carried out your suggestion to use SafeMode. It worked and the SABnzbd icon appeared in the system tray. Double-clicked it and the problem was solved.

However, I booted up twice again today and I had to use the SafeMode fix each time to get the icon back.

Is there a way to have the icon always available? Or is it necessary to always use SafeMode after booting up?

Thanks.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED - 127.0.0.1 refused to connect [SOLVED].

Post by safihre »

When it is working, enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again click Show Logging in the same window. What error is shown at startup?
Or is SABnzbd being run at startup at all?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
LittleTyke

Post by LittleTyke »

safihre wrote: November 24th, 2022, 9:47 pm
Or is SABnzbd being run at startup at all?
No, it was not being run at startup. Directly after boot I checked in Task Manager. No entry in Background Processes.

So I added the shortcut to SABnzbd.exe to C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Restarted the PC. Now the icon is present in the system tray and the web browser interface is running correctly.

FYI: Task Manager Processes\Background Processes now lists SABnzbd 3.7.0.

Problem appears to be solved.

Note, however, that on the General tab in Config, the switch "Launch Browser on Startup" has always been checked (i.e. tick in the blue checkbox).

Thanks for your help.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That's not the same, that just means that the browser is launched at the start of SABnzbd, not at the start of the system.
If you use the installer, there is an option during the installation to run at startup. If you selected that it would have automatically created that shortcut in Startup.
LittleTyke

Post by LittleTyke »

safihre wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:27 am That's not the same, that just means that the browser is launched at the start of SABnzbd, not at the start of the system.
If you use the installer, there is an option during the installation to run at startup. If you selected that it would have automatically created that shortcut in Startup.
I did not see any such option during the installation. (And I did use the installer.)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's a checkbox labeled "Run at startup".
LittleTyke

Post by LittleTyke »

safihre wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:06 am It's a checkbox labeled "Run at startup".
Is that the same as "Launch browser on startup" which is a switch on the General tab in Config? This switch has always been ticked, but I can't recall actually enabling it at any point during installation. But despite being ticked all along, (I later assumed it was the default setting), the icon was not showing after reboot until I copied the shortcut into the Startup folder as described earlier (or I used the Safe Mode method).

But no matter, it works now and I already downloaded a movie to check.