Sorting Issue

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Steverido

Sorting Issue

Post by Steverido »

A few months ago SABNZB stopped extracting and sorting into Show Name\Season 1\Show Name - S01E05 - Episode Name.ext

I have resaved but no joy. Uninstalled and deleted folders and reinstalled and setup and still not joy. In fact if I clcik on any tv options for sorting it does not seem to work.

Any ideas?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sorting Issue

Post by safihre »

Are the jobs that you are downloading in the right category? Only if the category is activated and me detect a show, we can rename it as such.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Steverido

Post by Steverido »

They are in the category of TV. Hopefully you can see screenshot. I have uninstalled and tried previous versions and it does not make any diffrence.

https://imgur.com/a/4JF6xDV
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

And what is a name of a job that is in that category?
Because we only sort of we detect it as being a Serie.
You can also enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again click Show Logging in the same window and send it to me [email protected]
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Steverido

Post by Steverido »

That might be the issue and I can't see in the settings how I change that to series Safihre.
Steverido

Post by Steverido »

Sent you a seperate email with the log. Hopefully you will spot the issue.
Trukati

Post by Trukati »

tv options for sorting it does not seem to work.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes I finally saw the problem in the original logs, this download is in the Default category and not your TV category.
If you want Sorting applied to your Default category, you have to select it in Config > Sorting.

2021-12-31 14:59:11,186::INFO::[postproc:370] Starting Post-Processing on The.Rookie.S04E07.Fire.Fight.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTbrarbg-xpost-1 => Repair:True, Unpack:True, Delete:True, Script:None, Cat:*
mcfly1985

Post by mcfly1985 »

The issue does look like a category issue. It used to default to Movies, now it defaults to "DEFAULT" seems the category is no longer auto detecting. Is that a thing? Still having issues, but I think we're getting close.
mcfly1985

Post by mcfly1985 »

This appears to have to started since 3.6.1 was released, categories are not consistently applying to a downloaded movie NZB anymore, causing Sorting to break.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

We didn't really change anything in that.
The automatic category selection can be done in many ways, so we have to check where it's going wrong:
How do you get your NZB's? From an Indexer? In that case the <meta> tag has to match a Category in Config > Categories, or you have to manually specify it there in the Indexer Tags columns. I expect the indexer you use might have changed their category settings.
If you get them through RSS, there you can also specify the category to use.
mcfly1985

Post by mcfly1985 »

I'll do some digging on the indexer side and let you know what I find out. For now I just changed the Default to do what I wanted.
charleyp1

Post by charleyp1 »

I seem to be having the same issue. It's been a few weeks now, maybe longer, that sorting has stopped working without any changes on my part. I can't directly point to the 3.6.1 update as the beginning of the issue. Whatever I download, it saves it as a file with a name that's just a string of meaningless characters and doesn't sort it. I just updated to 3.7.0 but no real change. I don't even see the `% downloaded` option mentioned in the release notes under the sorting tab.
charleyp1

Post by charleyp1 »

Well, the good news is that I think I've figured out getting files to download and retain their proper filenames. Under sorting, Series Sorting, I had the affected categories set as "tv" for TV shows and "movie" for Movies. I changed those to "Default" instead and now the downloads look good. However, they are not being moved to the folders I set up in the Categories tab.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Based on that information, your jobs just don't have the right category.
Most likely that's a change in your NZB's source (indexer). Check what meta data is available inside the NZB files, then using the Category settings you can make sure the right category is assigned (see wiki).