Allow multiple, reject multiple in single RSS filter

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Jimmni

Allow multiple, reject multiple in single RSS filter

Post by Jimmni »

I'm trying to figure out how to do a single filter that will say, for example:

Allow: one, two, three
Reject: four, five, six

I want to do it in a single filter because I want the four/five/six to only be rejected if found in combination with the one/two/three. I presume this can be achieved using multiple carefully prioritised filters, but I have a lot of filters and don't want to be constantly juggling them.

In NZBGet a line like this would do the job:

( one | two | three ) -four -five -six

It's been a while since I did my filters in that too so I might be misremembering, but you'll hopefully get the idea.

I assume I need to use the regex prefix, but I can't for the life work out what regex to use.

How can I achieve this in sab? I'm pulling my hair out failing to figure it out :D Thanks for any help that can be provided!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Allow multiple, reject multiple in single RSS filter

Post by safihre »

Good one, it should indeed be a regex.
Have you tried https://regex101.com/?
To exclude the words I would use something like this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/207 ... ord-string
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Jimmni

Post by Jimmni »

safihre wrote: December 28th, 2021, 1:26 pm Good one, it should indeed be a regex.
Have you tried *edited out as I'm not even allowed to quote links apparently*?
To exclude the words I would use something like this *edited out as I'm not even allowed to quote links apparently*
I've tried multiple regex sites and completely failed to build a string that does what I want - to accept multiple and reject multiple. I'll keep trying I guess, with NZBGet chugging in the background until I work it out. I just can't figure out how to get regex to reject accepted terms in a rejected term is also located. Your stackoverflow link seems to discuss doing something different - accepting strings while rejecting other strings, not having one rejected string cause all otherwise accepted strings to be rejected. If that makes any sense.

There's one thing that's looking to prevent my use of SAB, though. I have my feeds set to add items to the queue as paused. I'm using an external disk for the Incomplete and Complete folders, though the SAB files themselves are on a system folder. If the disk is unplugged when SAB tries to add something to the queue, it fails to add the NZB and the item fails to add to the download queue. I guess the temporary NZB files are being put on the destination drive rather than some local folder? I've yet to figure out a way to get it to add paused NZBs when the destination disk is unplugged. Sadly this forces me to stick with NZBGet anyway.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yeah we don't allow that indeed. Of course we need to have a job folder when the item is added.
Only we support to wait for the drive to come online when starting Sab, not when it's already running.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

I think this regex will do what you want:

Code: Select all

^((?!four|five|six).)*(one|two|three)((?!four|five|six).)*$