"Not enough repair blocks", but same NZB file can be successfully downloaded with other program

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.

Re: "Not enough repair blocks", but same NZB file can be successfully downloaded with other program

Post by Alter »

So, I would suggest the following strategy: Repair and extract *everything* that's possible and store it in the download folder. And warn about problems, if any. Don't stop when encountering a problem.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "Not enough repair blocks", but same NZB file can be successfully downloaded with other program

Post by safihre »

This is indeed what disabling the option "Post process only verified jobs" does :)
Or at least, that is what it should do.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate

Post by Alter »

safihre wrote: December 28th, 2021, 1:30 pm This is indeed what disabling the option "Post process only verified jobs" does :)
I've just turned off that option for testing, but unfortunately things didn't improve. (Sander already came to the same conclusion.)

I would like to mention a similar problem I had in the past: When you have an NZB file containing 10000 jpg files, and 10 of those are UUencoded, SABnzbd will stop downloading. The fact in itself that SABnzbd doesn't support UUencode is not a big problem. However, SABnzbd should still download the other 9990 yEnc encoded jpg files. In other words: It would be good if SABnzbd would follow the strategy "Don't stop when encountering a problem" also in this case. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an NZB file to reproduce this issue. I just wanted to report what I observed in the past.

It would be great if you could somehow manage to solve both issues at once.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

UUencode support is returned in 3.5.0.

I will check why Post-process only verified job doesn't fix things.
It should repair everything it can.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Based on your NZB, I found 2 bugs and 1 design-flaw deep inside the code that does the repair.
It will still fail this NZB after I fix this, but at least it will have repaired the jobs that it can repair and it will not fail if "Post process only verified jobs" is turned on.

Post by Alter »

Thank you very much again for your efforts!