Sorting Not Working

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
PiERiT

Sorting Not Working

Post by PiERiT »

I've seen some similar reports of this but I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is exactly the same or not.

A long time ago I would use the Sorting feature with the "No folders" preset to place files into my completed downloads directory instead of into a subfolder. I later switched to using categories and placed an * at the end of the Folder/Path to accomplish the same thing. I'm now trying to switch back to using Sorting (and I've removed the *) because I need to append some text to the end of the names of downloaded files belonging to a certain category, but I can't get it to work. It seems like after enabling Sorting, the very first download works in that it properly doesn't create a subfolder and it properly renames the file, but subsequent downloads incorrectly go into a subfolder and also don't get renamed. This is happening in both the latest stable release and the latest beta release.

Let me know what other info I can provide / what log level is necessary to troubleshoot this.
Last edited by PiERiT on January 4th, 2022, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sorting Not Working

Post by safihre »

Are you sure that the downloads are in the right category?
The new thing since 3.4 is that we only apply a sorter if we can detect that it is relevant, so if the job is "NiceGame.exe" then the Series Sorter (or the other sorters) will not execute because they don't detect it as being a Serie/Movie/Date.
Maybe that's the problem?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
PiERiT

Re: Sorting Not Working

Post by PiERiT »

Yes, the downloads are in the right category. I reverted to 3.3.1 and that works how I need it to so it probably is what you mentioned and I will just stay on 3.3.1 for now. Thank you.