SABnzbd not downloading after updating QKPG on QNAP

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABnzbd not downloading after updating QKPG on QNAP

Post by sander »

andyvie wrote: January 25th, 2022, 1:57 pm
It seems like something in SSL/TLS is broken (don't have any knowledge of that). Perhaps this is a problem in one of the packages SABnzbd uses on my QNAP and not SABnzbd itself?
Ah, smart remark!

Easy to check: try some other newsservers, for example news.eweka.nl and news.frugalusenet.com, with SSL on.

more newsserver you can try: https://www.appelboor.com/newsservers/n ... LS-OK.html ... test with a few well-known ones.
andyvie

Post by andyvie »

sander wrote: January 25th, 2022, 2:23 pm
andyvie wrote: January 25th, 2022, 1:57 pm
It seems like something in SSL/TLS is broken (don't have any knowledge of that). Perhaps this is a problem in one of the packages SABnzbd uses on my QNAP and not SABnzbd itself?
Ah, smart remark!

Easy to check: try some other newsservers, for example news.eweka.nl and news.frugalusenet.com, with SSL on.

more newsserver you can try: https://www.appelboor.com/newsservers/n ... LS-OK.html ... test with a few well-known ones.
It might just be a coincidence, but I have no problems connecting to servers which use TLS v1.3 from that list (like news.eweka.nl), but I get invalid hostname when I try to connect to servers which use TLS v1.2 (like news.xsnews.nl).
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

andyvie wrote: January 25th, 2022, 2:51 pm It might just be a coincidence, but I have no problems connecting to servers which use TLS v1.3 from that list (like news.eweka.nl), but I get invalid hostname when I try to connect to servers which use TLS v1.2 (like newsxsnews.nl).
Wow, that is weird. Last try: config/special/#allow_old_ssl_tls ... tick that. I don't expect a difference, but you never know.

Otherwise: stick to the non-SSL connection
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Oh wait, there might be hope

SAB 3.4.2 was released on Oct 15, 2021

On Nov 18, 2021 (so: later), a change was made to HappyEyeballs in this commit: https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/comm ... 70ccf3bb4f

So ... as soon as SAB 3.5.0 is available for your QNAP, test it again with SSL to newszilla.xs4all.nl
andyvie

Post by andyvie »

Thanks sander and oneCD for all your help. Really appreciated!

I’m not really sure what that change means, but when oneCD removed support for Sickchill out of Sherpa, I installed Sickgear and also updated Entware. So several packages have been updated. I was and am running 3.4.2 but the updated packages could have triggered the bug which is fixed. I know for sure things have changed, because my system load is significantly lower and SABnzbd is downloading a lot faster (almost twice as fast) compared to before the update of Entware.

I’ll keep SSL switched off for now and when version 3.5.0 is out, I’ll check if my problem is solved.

Thanks again for all your help!
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

It looks like the release of 3.5.0 isn’t too far-off. To update, you only need to restart your SABnzbd QPKG. If any additional packages are required, I’ll add them to sherpa. :)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
andyvie

Post by andyvie »

Hi, I just installed 3.5.0 and can confirm everything is working fine now. I have switched SSL on and SAB can connect to newszilla :)
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Good work @andyvie. Image
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE