Bypass VPN setting for API access

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
guitarboy

Bypass VPN setting for API access

Post by guitarboy »

Sending to SAB from an index site works when I have VPN turned off on my host, but doesn't work when I enable VPN. The VPN lets me set up bypass lists, but I can't figure out what URL to enter to bypass the VPN for SABnzbd API integration.

I think this used to work using the url http://[localhost]:[local port] in the bypass list (replacing with actual values). Has something changed in SAB and is there a way to do this?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Bypass VPN setting for API access

Post by sander »

guitarboy wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 11:01 am Sending to SAB from an index site works
Why use that at all? It's difficult. Easier to let SAB use the RSS site of your indexer, and specifically the RSS of your cart at the indexer.

No need to worry anymore about VPN or no VPN.
guitarboy

Re: Bypass VPN setting for API access

Post by guitarboy »

Thanks for that. I've been using the API for a long time so hadn't looked into using RSS.

I was only using Send to SAB for movies, as I've been using Sonarr for awhile without any problems for shows. So I thought I would also try Radarr. It also works well, is easy to use, and has some nice features beyond what RSS gives you.