Unwanted extension handling is breaking sonarr

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
BM118

Unwanted extension handling is breaking sonarr

Post by BM118 »

Hi,

I originally posted this to the Sonarr guys, but they have identified Sab as causing the issue. Simply put, when I have Sab setup to abort when unwanted extensions are detected it correctly aborts but advises Sonarr differently then however it has before and this fundamentally breaks the way Sonarr then works internally as it doesn't reject the release. I presume this is because it no longer knows that the release has "failed".

If I change unwanted extensions to "Off", Sab will accept the same download request and go through the motions of downloading. But the moment I have this enabled it breaks again. This then causes Sonarr to keep re-trying the download. please see the trace log from Sonarr, lines 15-18. At that time, in the Sab GUI, I can see the download listed, but then errors about .EXE being detected and moved to the bottom as a failed download due to unwanted extensions. As per the log it references possible duplicates as the reason for it, but I have duplicate detection disabled. I have tried it with enabled and get the exact same error so I don't believe it is that.

there is a trace file on gist dot github dot com/BM118/ea3bb02f7edf56d175af86ecd6588a0f
Apparently I am not allowed to post links yet :(

is there anything we can do about finding this problem or is it an expected change in behaviour?

Using Hotio's docker 3.5.3 (bca9f3b), i can confirm this worked previosuly, but probably 3.3 or 3.4 the last time i confirmed i saw this work properly.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unwanted extension handling is breaking sonarr

Post by safihre »

Indeed, you and Sonarr are right.
SABnzbd will report "sucess: true" but then no ID's of the NZB's, that should not happen.

I will fix this for 3.6.0, it will now report the ID's even if the job was aborted due to duplicate/unwanted/pre-queue script.

However (and if you could tell this to the Sonarr guys): for pre-queue scripts and duplicate detection, the user also has the option to "Reject/Refuse".
In this case, the NZB never enters the queue and thus never gets an ID. In this case the result will be "sucess: false" and no ID's will be returned.
Sonarr should not just keep trying to add the same NZB, as this will not work.

Is there a Github issue or forum thread where you discuss this with them?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate