Download Filed - Not on your server

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
stigzler

Download Filed - Not on your server

Post by stigzler »

Hi,

I've done some research into this, but just led to getting more baffled. My setup:

Search Thingy:
NZBGeek

Servers:
news.eweka. nl
news-eu.usenetexpress. com
free.xsusenet. com

More recently, I'm getting loads of "Download failed - Not on your server(s)" on many .nzb files on NZBGeek. Some work, but the ratio is really low, turning this whole newsgroup thing into a pita, sadly - having to try each one individually until I find that one works. I have no idea what's going wrong - can anyone help?

I can't find any way to export my settings, so not sure what people will need to help. Thanks
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Download Filed - Not on your server

Post by sander »

Does https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/introduction/d ... leted.html give you info?

To check your setup: In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 100MB or 1000MB. What is the result?
stigzler

Post by stigzler »

Thanks - test result fine: "Completed" - no errors

As for the link - I've read this before and not sure how helpful it is in diagnosing the problem:

1. "The most likely cause: the post is not available (anymore) on the news server you use because the post has been (partly) removed because of DMCA notices." - How do I actually test/tell that this is the case. I'm puzzled by this, as I'm trying to dl a relatively new media series which has loads of nzbs in the episode (in the fairly recent past + with "thumbs up" on NZB geek) but I'd estimate 80% don't seem to work. Here's an example download error:

Downloaded in 35 seconds at an average of 7 KB/s
3361 articles were missing
Download failed - Not on your server(s) - https://sabnzbd.org/not-complete
Serversnews.eweka.nl=69 KB, news-eu.usenetexpress.com=69 KB, free.xsusenet.com=92 KB

The link's trouble shooting steps are also equally unhelpful:

Use another or an additional news server that is not using the same backbone. (I researched when setting this up + I'm sure my servers are on different backbones, I think)
Find another post with the same contents. (As above - it fails with loads of them)
Check on a Usenet search engine to see if the post was completely available. (I have no idea how to do this - what does it mean?)

If point 1 above is to be believed - Is everyone really having the same problems as me - that is only having around a 20% download success rate with nzbs from search engines?

How frustrating.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Yes, some content is DMCA'd really quickly and completely. As your stats show.

And as you have eweka, which IMHO has the best service, I think you're out of luck.
turning this whole newsgroup thing into a pita, sadly
Maybe this whole newsgroup thing is then not your thing?
stigzler

Post by stigzler »

Thanks for the reply - I appreciate it. So just to confirm - my setup is good. I have the best server. And I'm trying for a readily available series. But it only works on about 20% of the available nzbs? Is this happening for everyone - is this your success rate? If yes, then yes - it likely isn't