Upgrade SABYenc on QNAP Server

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
fuman

Upgrade SABYenc on QNAP Server

Post by fuman »

I am trying to upgrade SABYenc on my QNAP server but am unable to. Please bare with me as I am not a linux person at all. When I putty into QNAP and check the Python version it shows 2.7.13 but in SAB it says I am running 3.7.8. So I am guessing the server has 2 versions loaded. With that said I tried to run a pip command and get command not found. So 1st I need to figure out how to get pip installed and to the correct install of python and then 2nd what is the command to update SABYenc? I am guessing this is the route I need to take to make this happen. If I am wrong please correct me. I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks
OneCD

Re: Upgrade SABYenc on QNAP Server

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Your 'sabyenc3' Python package needs to be upgraded by your QPKG maintainer. If you're using Stephane's QSAB package, please ask him to fix this by posting on the QNAP Community Forum.

If you're using the package installed via sherpa, please run this:

Code: Select all

sherpa reset; sherpa check
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
fuman

Post by fuman »

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually picked my copy up on the site below from QoolBox

https://qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/1012

But his must have the same issue you are describing. I will have to message him to try and fix it. Where do we get the release by Stephane?

Thanks again for the reply and help.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Qoolbox is Stephane. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
fuman

Post by fuman »

Ahh. thanks :)
Andori

Post by Andori »

I posted how I fixed it on another thread in the Bug Reports forum "Can't download on QNAP after update to 3.6.0: SABYenc disabled: no correct version found! Found v4.0.2, expecting v5.4." (I can't link directly as a new user)