Cannot link nzb files to my usenet server

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
weybrew+

Cannot link nzb files to my usenet server

Post by weybrew+ »

I am a newbee, non-techy senior. This is only my second year of downloading via usenet. Last year I used SABnzbd, UsenetServer and Newshosting on my Win 10 PC. I followed all the instructions and had the components working together smoothly. This year I had to switch to a newer computer and, of course, lost my notes on the setup that worked fine. Newshosting got installed somehow (?) perhaps my Ninite download, configured, and is running fine. On configuring Sabnzbd I set up UsenetServer as my primary and Newshosting as my backup. The connection on both servers was working.

In continuing my new computer setup, I notice that all incoming nzb files link to Newshosting and not UsenetServer as configured. I am unable to correct Windows settings to nzb folders to Usenetserver because there no evidence of UsenetServer on my PC! This is odd also because I can login to my UsenetServer account just fine. I have endlessly tried to get support from UsenetServer, but it's like a dog chasing his own tail. They send me emails always referencing their library of articles, none of which are on point. My latest support ticket yielded the same canned response. My last reply follows:
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I want to use UsenetServer as my primary usenet service provider by associating incoming nzb files to your service. I am unable to do that as I have no program or exe file on my computer. I am also a subscriber to Newshosting and using them as my backup usenet server (at least I think I am). I have a Newshosting exe file in my programs folder. AS a result of this, I guess, I have a desktop shortcut for Newshosting and all my incoming nzb files are being sent to that service.

I'm not techie enough to understand how Newshosting got set up and working but you folks can't get me set up. I only know that last year I was subscribed to both services, both were set up and working and I was linking nzb files to UsenetServer. All I'm trying to do is recreate that interaction again this year.

I can't believe that one of your IT guys knows how to resolve this.   
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

.[font=][font
Can someone out there guide me through this maze? Somehow I feel that it's going to turn out to be some setting I have made incorrectly.