Update 3.5.1 doesn't work / sabyenc not found [sherpa, qpkg]

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
an3k

Update 3.5.1 doesn't work / sabyenc not found [sherpa, qpkg]

Post by an3k »

Hi,

SABnzbd 3.5.1 was working fine until I started updating it. Well, I tried. I use sherpa to update. However my QPKG package is already the latest, thus sherpa just updated the opkg packages and other stuff like sabyenc. When SAB restarted it errored about a wrong sabyenc version (expected 4.0.0, got 5.4.2).

I checked here and there and SAB doesn't update itself to 3.6.x but keeps being stuck at 3.5.1 ... I can see in the log that it does ask git but that process takes very long but ends with "OK".

After running pip install sabyenc3==4.0.2 and restarting SAB it now errors with SABYenc module... NOT found!

Since 5.4.2 was "running" but just the wrong version I ran pip install sabyenc3==5.4.2 but I get the same error.

In both cases pip list does show sabyenc being installed.
an3k

Re: Update 3.5.1 doesn't work / sabyenc not found

Post by an3k »

I don't know exactly what the problem was but it was sherpa. Instead of validating the locally cached package with the online version it always kept using the local version. Once I got rid of the local version and reinstalled SAB everything worked again.

The solution was:

sherpa clean SABnzbd
sherpa reinstall SABnzbd
Sentinel-

Re: Update 3.5.1 doesn't work / sabyenc not found

Post by Sentinel- »

an3k wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 11:01 am I don't know exactly what the problem was but it was sherpa. Instead of validating the locally cached package with the online version it always kept using the local version. Once I got rid of the local version and reinstalled SAB everything worked again.

The solution was:

sherpa clean SABnzbd
sherpa reinstall SABnzbd
Thanks for this! Same issue for me, even a sherpa reinstall wasn't fixing it without the clean.