Can't Access Sabnzbd through third party tool lunasea

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Galudi

Can't Access Sabnzbd through third party tool lunasea

Post by Galudi »

Hi I'm new here and looking for some help to get access to sabnzbd through the internet which is rolled out on my synology Nas via a docker container.

I am using a third party tool called lunasea which is giving me the following error message when I try to connect through the internet:

DioError [DioErrorType.connectTimeout]: Connecting timed out [0ms]
Source stack:
#0 DioMixin.fetch (package:dio/src/dio_mixin.dart:488)
#1 DioMixin.request (package:dio/src/dio_mixin.dart:483)
#2 DioMixin.get (package:dio/src/dio_mixin.dart:61)
#3 SABnzbdAPI.testConnection (package:lunasea/modules/sabnzbd/core/api/api.dart:38)
#4 _State._testConnection.<anonymous closure> (package:lunasea/modules/settings/routes/configuration_sabnzbd/pages/connection_details.dart:135)
#5 _State._testConnection.<anonymous closure> (package:lunasea/modules/settings/routes/configuration_sabnzbd/pages/connection_details.dart:118)
#6 new LunaButton._.<anonymous closure> (package:lunasea/widgets/button.dart:39)
#7 new LunaButton._.<anonymous closure> (package:lunasea/widgets/button.dart:36)
#8 _InkResponseState._handleTap (package:flutter/src/material/ink_well.dart:1005)
#9 GestureRecognizer.invokeCallback (package:flutter/src/gestures/recognizer.dart:198)
#10 TapGestureRecognizer.handleTapUp (package:flutter/src/gestures/tap.dart:613)
#11 BaseTapGestureRecognizer._checkUp (package:flutter/src/gestures/tap.dart:298)
#12 BaseTapGestureRecognizer.acceptGesture (package:flutter/src/gestures/tap.dart:269)
#13 GestureArenaManager.sweep (package:flutter/src/gestures/arena.dart:157)
#14 GestureBinding.handleEvent (package:flutter/src/gestures/binding.dart:449)
#15 GestureBinding.dispatchEvent (package:flutter/src/gestures/binding.dart:425)
#16 RendererBinding.dispatchEvent (package:flutter/src/rendering/binding.dart:329)
#17 GestureBinding._handlePointerEventImmediately (package:flutter/src/gestures/binding.dart:380)
#18 GestureBinding.handlePointerEvent (package:flutter/src/gestures/binding.dart:344)
#19 GestureBinding._flushPointerEventQueue (package:flutter/src/gestures/binding.dart:302)
#20 GestureBinding._handlePointerDataPacket (package:flutter/src/gestures/binding.dart:285)
#21 _rootRunUnary (dart:async/zone.dart:1442)
#22 _CustomZone.runUnary (dart:async/zone.dart:1335)
#23 _CustomZone.runUnaryGuarded (dart:async/zone.dart:1244)
#24 _invoke1 (dart:ui/hooks.dart:170)
#25 PlatformDispatcher._dispatchPointerDataPacket (dart:ui/platform_dispatcher.dart:331)
#26 _dispatchPointerDataPacket (dart:ui/hooks.dart:94)

Any suggestions on solving this issue, I have used the standard sabnzbd application on my Nas with which I haven't faced this issue before, but other problems like not getting my new files synced into my plex.

I am Very thankful for any ideas to solve this issue,
Thx Galudi
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Can't Access Sabnzbd through third party tool lunasea

Post by sander »

That is quite hard.

First step is to make SABnzbd accessible from Internet. Keywords: port forwarding, and dynamic dns. And after that, reading documentation, like https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/extra/access-denied.html
Galudi

Post by Galudi »

I am aware of the fact that it needs Portforwardings to get the application accessable through the internet, I don't need any dynamic dns configurations as I have a static ip access to my home location.
What I have configured is to get sab accessable via Internet is the setting 'Full Web interface - Only external access requires login', I tried this setting with and without required login but that's not it.

I am not sure if the setting Sabnzbd-Host value 0.0.0.0 would solve the issue, but what iam facing is that when iam setting it to 0.0.0.0 it is restarting sab and the value is set to default :: again.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

so, when you turf off Wifi on your phone, you can access SAB from your phone (with Chrome for example) via an URL like http://12.34.56.78:8080/ ?
Galudi

Post by Galudi »

Hi again,

i just want to say thank you for your efforts here, it seems that i have just found the issue.
I am not sure for what reason but it was the default portnumber 8080 which did not work out to give me the access, although the port was open on my router, i checked it with an open port tool checker if the port was open or not which wasnt in fact.

Changing my Settings to a different Port Number worked out now for me, for whatever reason the default Port 8080 wasnt ok, but it works now :)

tu for assistance :)