Changed password, now cant access shares

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Johnster

Changed password, now cant access shares

Post by Johnster »

Hi,
I've been running SabNZB on a windows 10 box for a few years without a problem, however, yesterday I made a change to my NAS settings and now I cant get SAB to start even just to change something in the config. Basically, SAB is installed and runs locally on the Win 10 box, but all of the shares it uses are on my NAS, with the exception of the temp folder. Yesterday I changed the password of my NAS primary user account, and since then SAB wont start. The console output indicates it's because it can no longer access the complete_dir folder on the NAS but I'm not sure why this would be as I don't recall setting up a user account in the SAB config. I've looked in the ini file and don't see it in there either. Is there a way to change the config or get it to run so I can edit the settings? If so where should I be looking?

Thanks!
Johnster

Re: Changed password, now cant access shares

Post by Johnster »

Solved. It turns out that the Win 10 box was accessing the NAS shares using cached credentials. I used explorer to browse to the shares in Windows. It prompted for the new password, after I entered those SAB started right up, although the watched folder was blank in the config settings. After I re-entered that everything seems to running fine. Hope this helps others.