Downloads not being renamed or moved upon completion

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
matthalion

Downloads not being renamed or moved upon completion

Post by matthalion »

This has been posted on the Sonarr forums as well as I don't know if it is a Sonarr problem or a SabNzb problem

Sonarr successfully grabs episode file from indexer and instructs SabNzb to download, however, when completed the file does not get moved into the library location of the TV series as set in Sonarr meaning that I have to manually rename and move the file once it has downloaded.

I upgraded from a setup running on Windows 7 where it all worked perfectly to a new machine running Windows 10, backed up all settings using the backup/restore option for both Sonarr and SabNzb.

- They are both set to run as services using an account that has full permissions over all folders involved.
- Sonarr and SabNzb have been started using the "Rus as Administrator" option in Windows.

These are the only solutions that I seem to be able to find when searching online.

If anyone can provide any assistance I would greatly appreciate it as single episode files I could live with but when I add a new series and it downloads a lot of files across multiple series it becomes an administrative nightmare!
matthalion

Re: Downloads not being renamed or moved upon completion

Post by matthalion »

This looks to be resolved, I am just waiting for the files to be processed (60+).

For anyone who comes across this post, what looks to have sorted it for me was changing the user that runs the Sonarr Windows service to the same user that was running the SabNzb service. This wasn't needed in Windows 7 for some reason but closer look at the logs was showing "Access Denied" to the folder that SabNzb was downloading to (C:\users\username\downloads\complete\sonarr) despite the folder having all the necessary permissions (I even gave context 'Everyone' Full Control (which is not advised to do since unauthenticated access is then granted to do whatever)).

Restarted the service and it appears to be processing the files now :slight_smile:
matthalion

Post by matthalion »

This has been resolved.

For those with a setup similar to mine and are experiencing the same issues, the fox for me was to change the user account being used by the Sonarr service to be the same as the account for the SabNzb service which had been changed due to relative paths being inside of user profile.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's nice when users fix the problem without our help :D
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate